Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Pano Sunset - Exmouth Marina, Devon, UK

Even better. What is Sky Magic?
It's a drone specific image editing platform from Sylum that calculates image enhancements based on the drone and its camera. Well worth the money. I used to use AEB mode and merge the 3 images in Lightroom, but Sky Magic is way faster and gives better results to my eye.

You'll find it via Google ?

Thanks for all this. Have downloaded the trial version with the watermark onto my Mac and had a bash at one of my recent drone stills. I had already edited it in Photos (iPad) and it was brighter but thought perhaps little unreal. I’ll fire off some more tomorrow (UAV says Good to Fly all day) and see how it goes. Agree the slider is easier but I’m quite adept at the Photos editing system and that’s free of course. Sky Magic is £36.

Reactions: RedZeppelin
Thanks for all this. Have downloaded the trial version with the watermark onto my Mac and had a bash at one of my recent drone stills. I had already edited it in Photos (iPad) and it was brighter but thought perhaps little unreal. I’ll fire off some more tomorrow (UAV says Good to Fly all day) and see how it goes. Agree the slider is easier but I’m quite adept at the Photos editing system and that’s free of course. Sky Magic is £36.

No problem at all. I edit and optimise images regularly as part of my day job, so like to think I'm pretty adept with Photoshop / Lightroom etc, but having compared the results of Air Magic side by side with the same image processed via the AEB > Lightroom HDR Merge process, I felt the result was better with Air Magic, not to mention a LOT quicker to achieve.

Like any processing, it is easy to go overboard with Air Magic and produce unrealisitc results, but it's also easy to reign it in and be sensible with it. I'm hoping I mainly do the latter ;)

Looked again at your sunset shot (love the seagull top right) and it does look very good and not over the top. I find with Photos editing I can tweak the light/dark, fiddle with the colour a little and usually that’s sufficient. Have to say though I have not tackled a sunset shot yet. So will see how I get on with the free version (with its watermark-hardly a watermark more a stamp!) for a week or so and then probably buy the full version.

Sorry meant to react to your day job ref, no wonder you know what you’re doing! I was in advertising for 40 years so appreciate a good “retouch”!

Sorry meant to react to your day job ref, no wonder you know what you’re doing! I was in advertising for 40 years so appreciate a good “retouch”!

Thanks for the kind words. There's a story to that seagull ;) Let's just say I had to cut my shooting short because of him and a load of his mates that started circling my Spark WAY too close for comfort, and making an awfully loud noise with gull calls. I don't think they appreciated their new flying neighbour and I was glad to get it back on the ground safely.

Happy with the result though ?

Thanks for the kind words. There's a story to that seagull ;) Let's just say I had to cut my shooting short because of him and a load of his mates that started circling my Spark WAY too close for comfort, and making an awfully loud noise with gull calls. I don't think they appreciated their new flying neighbour and I was glad to get it back on the ground safely.

Happy with the result though ?
Morning. Got Spark up yesterday and, apart from a quick flight under the seat I was sat on-I somehow flew her under there but no damage thank goodness, I got some rather “cloudy” shots away. Here’s a before and after. What do you think?E2274E60-B036-4524-A47A-C637E1B91C43.jpeg475A25D8-9609-4296-BD2F-C84A5E54E6FF.jpeg

I think it definitely 'pops' more than the original, without looking artificial at all - the trees especially look great - nice work ? How do you feel about it?

I see you're just up the road in Bristol ;)

Will probably go with it plus Premium Style which is apparently a “filter” (according to Sylum’s Customer Service). £37 includes Premium Style. Do you have that? Yep in Bristol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex