Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Phone crash during flight - Not app crash

NickGU

Join
Jan 22, 2019
Quiet often when flying the spark with the controller and DJI go 4 app my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will crash and restart mid flight. The controller stays connected to the drone but I lose the flight record for that flight, which is concerning.

All apps and devices are fully updated, phone connected to controller by WiFi as normal, doing everything by the book. My phone has never crashed for any other reason and it's one of the most capable smart phones available by hardware specs.

Has anyone else had this? It's happened to me on around 10 out of 40 flights now. I haven't spotted any patterns in what causes the crash and when the phone restarts I can open the app and get my video feed back.

Any ideas on what could be causing it?

I haven't been flying much due to cold weather, but on the few occasions lately that I have been able to fly, I've used my Note 8 and have not had any issues at all. I don't connect to the controller via wi-fi, though; I use an OTG cable.

There are a few things you can try ... clear the DJI GO 4 app's data using the settings menu (Apps | select DJI GO 4 | tap FORCE STOP | tap Storage | tap CLEAR DATA and CLEAR CACHE).

You might also try clearing the cache partition from recovery mode if the above doesn't change things.

And there's always a factory reset ... but that can be a bit of a pain to recover from if you have a lot of apps installed.

IF you have any other flight apps on your note 8 or any device, be sure they are force closed before starting the DJI app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh