Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Pine Creek Overlook, Leonard Harrison SP

Rmwac

Join
Dec 11, 2018
A re-edit of an earlier SPARK video, originally done with Windows Movie Maker. Picked up Pinnacle Studio 22 Plus for $59 direct from Pinnacle. Easy to use, loaded with all the color correction, color grading, LUTS, the whole 9 yards. Some good You Tube tutorials. This park overlooks the "Grand Canyon if PA." Drones not particularly welcome, but the place was deserted.... try to view in highest quality setting.

No go yet.

Keep trying.

Nice, but you were taking quite a chance with the possibility of the ranger showing up. There is a airport to the north and some of that space overlaps the park. I was there last summer and there was plenty of people at that time. On the west side of the canyon there are a number of overlooks that are outside of park boundaries and they might be a good opportunity for flying.

Nice, but you were taking quite a chance with the possibility of the ranger showing up. There is a airport to the north and some of that space overlaps the park. I was there last summer and there was plenty of people at that time. On the west side of the canyon there are a number of overlooks that are outside of park boundaries and they might be a good opportunity for flying.
The west side of the canyon is also State Park land. Colton Point SP. Different Park, same welcome mat... I never flew above the treeline, and the airport you mentioned rarely puts a plane in the air these days. The park office was closed, No Ranger-mobile. I got in and out quickly. Deserted that day. Wouldn't even think if flying if a soul were around.

The west side of the canyon is also State Park land. Colton Point SP. Different Park, same welcome mat... I never flew above the treeline, and the airport you mentioned rarely puts a plane in the air these days. The park office was closed, No Ranger-mobile. I got in and out quickly. Deserted that day. Wouldn't even think if flying if a soul were around.

I understand that Colton Point is a state park, but there are a number of overlooks outside of park land as you travel south on that dirt road. I have snowmobiled all of Tioga and Potter counties and those roads are my winter trails. I am on your side and only mentioned the issues because that is an easy trap with no good way out.

Painter-Leetonia Road has a few overlooks by 4 Mile Run. Some also on the West Rim Trail, but I'm not sure it's too photogenic... also might be tough to RTH in the forest with tiny overlook clearing. Are you a local, or a Flatlander...? Ha! (Local derogatory term for anyone NOT born in Tioga/Potter County.)
I've lived here since 1982, and I'm still a Flatlander.....

Painter-Leetonia Road has a few overlooks by 4 Mile Run. Some also on the West Rim Trail, but I'm not sure it's too photogenic... also might be tough to RTH in the forest with tiny overlook clearing. Are you a local, or a Flatlander...? Ha! (Local derogatory term for anyone NOT born in Tioga/Potter County.)
I've lived here since 1982, and I'm still a Flatlander.....
Flatlander from York County, we had a cabin in Potter near Galeton since 1956 and spent considerable time in the area. Snowmobiling from the cabin became impossible, so we sold it a few years ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme