Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Please help me! Vote for your mobile device

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
spark-help.com
I maintain a list of commonly used mobile devices here:
Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)

I recently made a change that will allow me to track (and later share) which versions of DJI GO people are using with these mobile devices. This is where you come in. Please go here and do the following:

1) Click the heart icon to like all of the mobile devices you're currently using to fly your DJI drones (and that you'd recommend to a friend) .

1547585184590.png

2) After liking a mobile device, choose the version of DJI GO you're using when you see this prompt:

1547585250766.png

3) If you're using a mobile device that's not on this list, comment below with the name of the device and versions of DJI GO you use with it.

Thank you for helping me keep this list up-to-date!

Last edited:
I don't know if this list is telling you anything usefull. Assuming people use whatever they were already using or have laying around, it is more a poll on the popularity of smartphones and tablets in general. In other words: if a device has lots of likes, it simply means it is used a lot, it does not mean it works better than a device that has less likes. And if a device has few likes it simply means no one has bought this device.
And, if your phone/tablet is not on the list, this could either mean your device is not useable at all, or it has simply not been used yet by anyone.
It would help if you seperated the column "Like" into "Tested" and "Suitablity"

I maintain a list of commonly used mobile devices here:
Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)

I recently made a change that will allow me to track (and later share) which versions of DJI GO people are using with these mobile devices. This is where you come in. Please go here and do the following:

1) Click the heart icon to like all of the mobile devices you're currently using to fly your DJI drones.

View attachment 8351

2) After liking a mobile device, choose the version of DJI GO you're using when you see this prompt:

View attachment 8352

3) If you're using a mobile device that's not on this list, comment below with the name of the device and versions of DJI GO you use with it.

Thank you for helping me keep this list up-to-date!
Asus Zen 3 and go4

Reactions: msinger
I don't know if this list is telling you anything usefull
This list does the following:
  • It shows the devices DJI currently supports (and the version of DJI GO they support).

• It shows other devices that work well with DJI GO (meaning actual DJI drone owners recommended them).

• The likes allow people to find out how many people agreed that a specific device works well with DJI GO. It also allows the sub list at the bottom to be compiled to show the current top devices (which I put there to filter out older devices that people were only voting for a long time ago).

• With the addition of the DJI version selection, I'll be able to show which versions of DJI GO people are using with each device.

• It allows people to figure out if they already own a device that'll work (so they don't have to go buy a new dedicated device).

• It allows people to easily compare the specs for any devices they are thinking of buying (handy if they want a device with a specific amount of RAM, for example).
if a device has lots of likes, it simply means it is used a lot, it does not mean it works better than a device that has less likes
Right. That's all it means. And that's perfectly fine since the goal is to show people a list of all devices that are known to work well with DJI GO -- and not to steer everyone toward buying one device.

And, if your phone/tablet is not on the list, this could either mean your device is not useable at all, or it has simply not been used yet by anyone.
It means DJI does not support the device and I have never seen anyone recommend the device (since those are the only ways new devices get added).

It would help if you seperated the column "Like" into "Tested" and "Suitablity"
As described at the top of the page, you should like devices you'd recommend to a friend. My hope is that people would not recommend a device that is not working well for them.

I use a ZTE MAX2 with Dji Go 4...6.5 inch screen only down fall with this phone is the USB cable used to charge the phone the end of the charging cable is a bigger connection than all other Android phones therefore the OTG cable will not fit my phone.... Other than that the phone works great with Dji software

None of the devices I have used are on your list.
Moto G6 5.7" 8.0 android 32GB mem1.8 Octa-core works flawless wifi and OTG cable both have used since day 1.

Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro 5.5" 6.0 andriod 16GB mem 1.4 quad-core works great on Wifi and OTG cable both. used a few times

Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown 5.5" 8.0 android 16GB mem 1.56 octa-core Works on OTG cable, not tried wifi sure it will work fine but i only care about it working with the OTG cable, just picked up this phone yesterday flew a flight.

I think i am going to switch my EDC to the new J7 crown and just use the Moto 6 as my device to fly the Spark with. i like the bigger screen of the 5.5 over the 5.7 cause the moto is longer not as wide. but I miss my big phone carrying everyday the J7 Sky pro and J7 crown are exactly the same physical size but yet the crown will not fit in the J7 Sky pro case, so i ordered a new case yesterday for it.

I tried servreal tablets and honestly the only one that worked well really was the levono 8" but only on wifi i could never get it to connect using the OTG cable.
the Nextbook ares 8" also worked wifi and OTG but the tablet it self ran pretty slow. but seemed to run DJI go 4 fine.

all of my test were using dji go 4 only its the only app i use to fly my spark with.

I use a ZTE MAX2 with Dji Go 4...6.5 inch screen only down fall with this phone is the USB cable used to charge the phone the end of the charging cable is a bigger connection than all other Android phones therefore the OTG cable will not fit my phone.... Other than that the phone works great with Dji software

You need a USB-C OTG cable, same as is used by Samsung (among other vendors) in their S7/Note7 and later models.

I use this one: RCGEEK USB-C OTG Cable at Amazon. Currently $8 in the US.

Reactions: SPARK1
My primary device, a perfectly-sized 6" WiFi tablet that was included as a sort of remote-control for a Vizio TV (Vizio XR6P10) isn't in the list. I selected the Samsung Note 8 because I know it works and I own one, but don't use it for flying.

It's too bad that there's no option for an "Other" vote, with write-in entries that are known to work.

It's too bad that there's no option for an "Other" vote, with write-in entries that are known to work
I'm going to add suggested devices that are missing. So, stay tuned :)

okay, the device that I use is supported but what if I don't recommend it.
yes it can do it but the range is limited especially after I noticed my spark will go farther and the video is smoother on a iPhone 7

okay, the device that I use is supported but what if I don't recommend it
Please only like the devices you'd recommend to a friend. The end goal is to help people find a device that will work well for them.

okay good to know
Samsung note 9 with dji go 4.3.2 the only thing is the screen does not go edge to edge as in my 8+ or as seen on note 8. It has a 1/4 in black sidebar. Maybe when it gets on the supported list that will go away. Everything else perfect. Comments on the black sidebar welcomed.

I added a new “DJI GO” column to show the version of DJI GO being used with each mobile device:

1547830661293.png

Thank you to everyone who liked the mobile devices they are using. If you haven’t done so already, please go here and like your mobile devices to help make this data more complete.

How about Android tablets/phones - some of us do not have Apples.

I use.....
1- galaxy s4 phone OK
2- galaxy a5 phone OK
3. Samsung Tablet SM-T337A 8" OK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit