Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

[poll] Which do you fly with mostly? 5.8 or 2.4

Which do you fly with mostly? 5.8 or 2.4

• Total voters
I have learned that in my country-side environment, where I do most of my flights, there is little to no interference from anyone's Wifi, and due to the better range and penetration properties of 2.4 that is my usual choice. I do switch over to 5.8 for more populated environments.

CE region here.
Forced 2.4 Ghz channel.. forced FCC mode with OTG.
Latest FW's.
Rock solid!

I never choose...I let it do it's thing automatically and have never had any issues.
I do the same, and have never run in to any issues. Good video feed, good range, good performance, etc. No need to mess with it.

I tried both on my spark that is on,y 2 weeks old and I am stuck with a poor screen that is grainy: anything over 500 feet and screen locks up . This spa ark is a big disappointment so far

I tried both on my spark that is on,y 2 weeks old and I am stuck with a poor screen that is grainy: anything over 500 feet and screen locks up . This spa ark is a big disappointment so far

What device do you use? Do you put it in airplane mode? I (and others as you can see above) have never had any issues. It's not the Spark, it's something else causing your issues. Also, have you tried using and OTG cable? Good luck.

Every time I fly my Spark, 5.8g is the automatic selection.
But I am in a CE country, and 5.8g range is awful, with disconnections even in 150-200m.

With forced FCC mode, range is good enough, even in 5.8g, so this is the solution.

Otg cable is useful for those who want to force 2.4g, BUT their device doesn't support 5.8g.

And what are your reasons for your preference?

Sorry for you CE folks, if you dont have the choice... Everyone should have :cool:
Sorry for you but living in Switzerland you have also both, 2.4G and 5.8G. Also we can easy fly 130m hight in controlled flight zones and 300m hight outside this (But also with us the rule is flying on sight). :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe