Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Poor video quality

Join
Oct 17, 2019
Hi to you all. I've been flying an inspire for some time but have just purchased (2nd hand) a lovely red spark! I know the cached video quality is low but the SD card quality is also very low. I know that these little birds can do a lot better. I've tried all the obvious and trawled through every suggestion I can find but it's still no good. Before I tear it down and start looking for loose ribbon cables etc does anyone have any ideas please? Sample video can be found at
This is straight off the SD card and though an editor. Raw footage without editing is exactly the same. Many thanks in advance.

Reactions: RobRaleigh
That really seems to be a hardware thing in my humble opinion. If all your software is up to date, then it can only be that. Have you tried different SD cards?
Many thanks for your reply. I've not tried a different SD card as I was unsure it would make any difference. Has anyone experienced poor video due to the SD card? I'll give it a go though.

Many thanks for your reply. I've not tried a different SD card as I was unsure it would make any difference. Has anyone experienced poor video due to the SD card? I'll give it a go though.
I've read that inferior slower cards can produce bad results, but what i see in your video makes me think its a hard connection thing like you suspect too.... Have you posted this over at DJI also? You may get some hits there too. Try a really decent card.

I'll go out and get another SD card today and give it a go then it's out with the screwdriver!! I'll try a post in the DJI forum as well. I saw a YouTube video of someone re-seating the video ribbon cable but he never showed how the top comes off. More research! Many thanks.

Hi to you all. I've been flying an inspire for some time but have just purchased (2nd hand) a lovely red spark! I know the cached video quality is low but the SD card quality is also very low. I know that these little birds can do a lot better. I've tried all the obvious and trawled through every suggestion I can find but it's still no good. Before I tear it down and start looking for loose ribbon cables etc does anyone have any ideas please? Sample video can be found at
This is straight off the SD card and though an editor. Raw footage without editing is exactly the same. Many thanks in advance.

Maybe something here?

A couple of threads had similar images.

I've just ordered a SanDisk Extreme (couldn't get one local) and it's due to arrive Monday. I'll try it first before I take anything apart! I'll post the results with the SanDisk card. Thank you for your advice.

Also use SD Formatter:

Not only to restore full capacity but to correct any errors.
Professional photographers swear by it.
Even helped on an issue I has with a Firefly 6S sports cam.

Also use SD Formatter:

Not only to restore full capacity but to correct any errors.
Professional photographers swear by it.
Even helped on an issue I has with a Firefly 6S sports cam.
Well the SanDisk Extreme card arrived today and I've tried it but no luck. I've run it through the SanDisk formatter as well and still no luck so it must be a camera hardware problem. There's no physical damage whatsoever on sparky and no errors on DJIgo & it flies perfectly. I guess I'll have to dig in and take a look. I bet a repair by a professional will cost more than the drones worth! Has anyone had any camera repairs done on there spark in the UK and if so what sort of price do they charge?

the spark sucks the phantom serise sucks they want you go go and spend 1 grand to get the mavic cuz thats the only one and above that have good transmissions of any kind..
i just bought some antenna boosters im gunna test em

Well the SanDisk Extreme card arrived today and I've tried it but no luck. I've run it through the SanDisk formatter as well and still no luck so it must be a camera hardware problem. There's no physical damage whatsoever on sparky and no errors on DJIgo & it flies perfectly. I guess I'll have to dig in and take a look. I bet a repair by a professional will cost more than the drones worth! Has anyone had any camera repairs done on there spark in the UK and if so what sort of price do they charge?
Well I chickened out of opening up the spark and sent it off to DJI. I'm in the UK and it went off for repair to the Netherlands! DJI service was very good and the repair and shipping was very reasonable. Two days to get there, 3 days for repair and 2 days back. Every stage is clearly shown on the repair update online. I was very impressed. We have had heavy rain so in between storms I nipped out and tried it. It was dull,damp and getting dark but picture quality was perfect. Well done to DJI. Test video is at

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme