Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Potential aerial issue

Surfnut

Join
Feb 23, 2019
Hi all. I find it very fiddly trying to connect the otg lead thru the little slot on the side of the RC arm, and was thinking that these holders that attach to the underside of the remote and hold your mobile OT tablet above and behind it looked the way to go. Didn’t I read tho, that you should have the two aerials fins upright? On all the pics I’ve seen of these adaptors, the fins have to be horizontal. What do you experienced pilots think?

The flat surface of the antenna should face the drone. So most of the time antennas will be upright (perpendicular to the ground) and drone will be in front of you. The common exception is when drone is overhead the antennas should be parallel to the ground.

Do not point antenna tips at drone as this is the weakest signal strength. The antennas are highly directional and benefit greatly from passive parabolic signal boosters.

I have used the phone holders that sit between the RC arms and also the type that clips to RC body. I have used them with various size phones and tablets without interfering with antenna positioning. Type gripped between RC arms will block view of joysticks and controller buttons if that matters you.

Reactions: Surfnut
The flat surface of the antenna should face the drone. So most of the time antennas will be upright (perpendicular to the ground) and drone will be in front of you. The common exception is when drone is overhead the antennas should be parallel to the ground.

Do not point antenna tips at drone as this is the weakest signal strength. The antennas are highly directional and benefit greatly from passive parabolic signal boosters.

I have used the phone holders that sit between the RC arms and also the type that clips to RC body. I have used them with various size phones and tablets without interfering with antenna positioning. Type gripped between RC arms will block view of joysticks and controller buttons if that matters you.
Thanks for your reply Andre, yes that’s my issue, and if I understand you correctly, I should look out for the type that hold the screen in front of the RC?

Hi all. I find it very fiddly trying to connect the otg lead thru the little slot on the side of the RC arm, and was thinking that these holders that attach to the underside of the remote and hold your mobile OT tablet above and behind it looked the way to go. Didn’t I read tho, that you should have the two aerials fins upright? On all the pics I’ve seen of these adaptors, the fins have to be horizontal. What do you experienced pilots think?
FB_IMG_1525543315492.jpghere is correct orientation

I’ve found this one that looks terrific, and obviously wouldn’t have that problem, but I’m concerned that they may not have left room for the Otg lead to fit into the RC? Has anyone already tried this one? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme