Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Practicing flying techniques

Excellent video this. I didn't find anything boring at all.

No, there is nothing boring about your videos. Unlike so many other straight down shots I see of just tree tops or the ground, you find interesting details albeit colors or patterns and shadows that make them interesting. You have great editing skills as well. If you would, it would be great if you added a brief description of the location of the shots as well. They are some beautiful locations. Thanks for sharing your work.

Not boring at all. You're obviously a skilled photographer which shows in the compositions you create in video. Well done.

Thanks to all of you guys. I'm trying really hard to get better and picking up inspiration and advices from many experienced authors like Francis Darracott or Rocco Germani here on Spark Pilots.

To be clear about it, I've been more into photography than video making lately (mostly because I thought that Spark isn't really capable of smooth movement due to 2-axis gimbal) but honestly the real reason was rather my laziness than tech issue.

Even tried to kinda run away from it by getting Mavic Pro for a while but the lesson learned - more expensive drone doesn't make me better pilot or video maker.

Even tried to kinda run away from it by getting Mavic Pro for a while but the lesson learned - more expensive drone doesn't make me better pilot or video maker.

It's not what you have, but what you do with it that matters.

And you are right. If anyone has a doubt on the Spark's shooting capabilities, he should just go and watch this guy's videos. Rocco Germani

I noticed that pretty much all of my videos are kinda boring since I don't use much flying techniques so I went for a trip of improvement.
Good piloting, good shooting, good editing, good music! Very nice package :cool:

Been missing some short intro for my videos so I made two. First one is msde with DJI Spark intro and the second one is made entirely by myself. Question is which one to use.

Reactions: Spark 317
I like yours better with the flickering of the logo.

Maybe change the timing of it.
Rather than the logo just pop on the screen, have it flicker on at the beginning when the Spark sparks to life and then solid with a simultaneous fade out of the logo and the Spark.

The DJI intro has been used by others and is generic where yours is unique.

I like yours better with the flickering of the logo.

Maybe change the timing of it.
Rather than the logo just pop on the screen, have it flicker on at the beginning when the Spark sparks to life and then solid with a simultaneous fade out of the logo and the Spark.

The DJI intro has been used by others and is generic where yours is unique.
Pretty good idea, thanks [emoji106]

That's looking good - would it be possible to fade the overhead lighting up at the end to reveal that you are looking at a Spark? Just a thought.

Reactions: monty.roman
I noticed that pretty much all of my videos are kinda boring since I don't use much flying techniques so I went for a trip of improvement.

Great shots, subject and techniques. Very smooth movements rotating the lens downward. I need to work on that move.

Final version of my intro, hopefully :)

Much better.

I was going to comment on the fade out on the previous one (#2), but you corrected it in this one.

Much smoother.

Reactions: monty.roman
RE: Practice video. I was impressed with the road clip. Was that both a turn (yaw) as well as changing direction, or was it just slow circle? I also liked the pullout from tree showing it growing in the center of the ruins.

RE: Practice video. I was impressed with the road clip. Was that both a turn (yaw) as well as changing direction, or was it just slow circle? I also liked the pullout from tree showing it growing in the center of the ruins.
Regarding the road clip, I was flying sideways and yawing if I remember well. Not really easy to do it smoothly with Spark. That tree liftoff was fun to do but I should add some slow rotation to spice it up a little.

Ah, so your Spark was tracing a large curve during this shot. Yes, much easier than trying to track while flying a straight line past something. I tried to practice that type of manouevre, but it is really hard to get it right as it requires moving both joysticks (and possibly the gimbal as you fly past). I like the idea of flying higher/further away and just yaw while flying sideways.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pilot6521