Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

prevent fly away

ron77584

Join
May 20, 2018
My spark went into atti after compass interference warning at 385 ft in a place I have flown hundreds of times and then drifted with wind for 30 scds before back in gps mode.
I believe I could prevent this from happening by increasing the amount of magnetic interference the spark will accept before it ignores the compass and gps. Maybe increase the the amount of time it accepts the interference also.
It is my understanding that enough mag interference and it ignores or resets gps. I am looking for the parameters to change to prevent it ignoring gps so u can at least see its location and if u cant get it back to you u could at least drop it in altitude and crash knowing its location rather than have it fly away.
any ideas???

Any chance you crashed it recently, because that can cause a compass callibration issue.

I similarly crashed my drone and when flying, suddenly went to atti mode, it was right over me on my roof top where I have flown many times, then i manually landed it and saw the compass error.

I haven't experienced magnetic interference, so cant say much on it.

Any chance you crashed it recently, because that can cause a compass callibration issue.

I similarly crashed my drone and when flying, suddenly went to atti mode, it was right over me on my roof top where I have flown many times, then i manually landed it and saw the compass error.

I haven't experienced magnetic interference, so cant say much on it.

If your spark ever went into atti mode it was because it thought there is mag interference.
I never crashed but almost lost it when it went atti for no apparent reason in high wind 1/4 mile away from me 400 ft altitude.
the spark ignores its gps when it thinks there is mag interference when it could continue giving you its location on map and you could fly it back to you. Does that make sense? If I could have seen my spark moving in the map view I could have flown it back to me without a compass but since it ignores its gps you are screwed unless you got eyes on it. Interference is likely only a few seconds but by the time the gps resets it has flown away. I really think it there is a better solution to compass interference than atti mode with no gps.

Reactions: windryder
Hey, as a person that had a close call quite recently and just got the drone back from repair, i can tell you the best thing i had on my side was a good understanding of what the spark is, how it does it, and how it is a wonderful piece of crap.

I have an extensive thread with flight logs and videos on DJIs forum linked here Spark flyaway, end up at Police HQ. Now I can reproduce flyaway

It points out the major issue with this drone, but thats what happens when you take a hyper sophisticated system in its early stages thats taking the world by storm, and feeding it to the ruthless consumer market that just wants it to work but wont put in the work. Also it doesnt help that 2/3 (and growing) of the consumer oriented market is from 1 company while other are slowly giving them their market share while they all die 1 by 1.

My spark went into atti after compass interference warning at 385 ft in a place I have flown hundreds of times and then drifted with wind for 30 scds before back in gps mode.
I believe I could prevent this from happening by increasing the amount of magnetic interference the spark will accept before it ignores the compass and gps. Maybe increase the the amount of time it accepts the interference also.
It is my understanding that enough mag interference and it ignores or resets gps. I am looking for the parameters to change to prevent it ignoring gps so u can at least see its location and if u cant get it back to you u could at least drop it in altitude and crash knowing its location rather than have it fly away.
any ideas???
howto:parameterhacks [dji.retroroms.info]

Check out this, might go e u what you want..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers