Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Prop Guards

kperez814

Join
Jun 28, 2017
Anyone know who currently has prop guards in stock, soonest i can get them and hopefully free shipping?

David Almond

Join
May 29, 2017
Loc
Media, PA
The DJI store has them. I just ordered some items and prop guards were part of the order. Hope that helps. Advexure might have some as well for quicker delivery

Reactions: Advexure

FatherXmas

Join
May 31, 2017
Loc
Mentone, Alabama
I saw a bunch of them listed on Amazon and eBay both.

Advexure

Join
May 26, 2017
Loc
Los Angeles, CA

Advexure

Join
May 26, 2017
Loc
Los Angeles, CA
I don't think I'll ever use mine unless I ever decide to fly inside. But I honestly don't ever see myself doing that.
We use them for demos, particularly Gesture Mode demos :)

Have never liked flying with Guards on any DJI platform except on shoots where flying space restrictions make it silly to not use them.

Lintstalker

Join
Jul 10, 2017
I always use them. Sure, call me a wimp, but my Sparky will survive a crash better then your Spark without them! I especially like using them when in gesture mode. I'm always nervous when my fingers are inches away from spinning blades. I don't know why.

Side question: Has anyone seen a case for the Spark that has enough room to hold the Spark with the prop guards on?

Advexure

Join
May 26, 2017
Loc
Los Angeles, CA

Glen e

Join
May 27, 2017
Got mine today....great quick disconnect feature for on/off......

Sportbike_Copter_Pilot

Join
Jul 14, 2017
My 'Fly combo' came with them and although I haven't used them yet it's always good to have them handy just in case they're needed.

HIDEINA

Join
Jun 26, 2017
Is it recommended to fly with propeller guards outside? Or long range flight?

Glen e

Join
May 27, 2017
I fly them 100 pct of the time, no problem outside.

Reactions: HIDEINA

KNAVE

Join
May 28, 2017
I always use them. Sure, call me a wimp, but my Sparky will survive a crash better then your Spark without them!
This and it is also much easier to see the spark with the prop guards on. I only recently made a habit of using them outside after I flew first inside a friends house and then took it outside to fly and didn't bother removing the guards.

Spark 317

Well known member with a Spark and a Mavic Air 2.
Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 10, 2017
Loc
Indiana, USA
I always use them. Sure, call me a wimp, but my Sparky will survive a crash better then your Spark without them! I especially like using them when in gesture mode. I'm always nervous when my fingers are inches away from spinning blades. I don't know why.

Side question: Has anyone seen a case for the Spark that has enough room to hold the Spark with the prop guards on?

Spark 317

Well known member with a Spark and a Mavic Air 2.
Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 10, 2017
Loc
Indiana, USA
I too fly with the guards. I've already bumped into a couple of obstacles on practice flights. A milk crate works good for a throw together dirt cheap case to hold your gear with the guards on. I put a piece of 2" packing foam, (the soft stuff used for electroncs), on the bottom, Spark, and then another piece on top. A scrap pc of a plastic yard advertising sign cut to size for a landing pad on top.

I'm currently using an old laptop computer bag. It works great. Already padded, holds Spark with the guards, and everything else!

BelGer

Join
Jul 31, 2017
I use them as well, but more because I am still " learning to fly....." ( Tom Petty in the background ).
Yesterday for a quick photo outside i did not put them on, and it seemed that the Spark is much quiter then?!, anyone else noticed this ?

Yamsyamsyams

Join
Jul 30, 2017
I use them as well, but more because I am still " learning to fly....." ( Tom Petty in the background ).
Yesterday for a quick photo outside i did not put them on, and it seemed that the Spark is much quiter then?!, anyone else noticed this ?
i also noticed this. plus i did some anecdotal tests and noticed without guards i get about 40 extra seconds of flight time when hovering still in my backyard (did 3 tests each per battery with/without guards).

Lancelot

Join
Aug 7, 2017
Loc
Netherlands
i also noticed this. plus i did some anecdotal tests and noticed without guards i get about 40 extra seconds of flight time when hovering still in my backyard (did 3 tests each per battery with/without guards).
And I always thought that with the prop guards-> more weight -> less flight time. But hey I am happy to be proven wrong as I am almost always using my guards.
I am also wondering if someone found a good case that can securely transport drone + controller + 2 batteries + guards. The bag that came with the fly more combo is almost useless :(

HIDEINA

Join
Jun 26, 2017
And I always thought that with the prop guards-> more weight -> less flight time. But hey I am happy to be proven wrong as I am almost always using my guards.
I am also wondering if someone found a good case that can securely transport drone + controller + 2 batteries + guards. The bag that came with the fly more combo is almost useless :(
I just bought this one: Waterproof PU Leather Drone Case -$17.42 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
It's pretty good for transport and it has a good quality (material).

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vanpeeman