Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Question on SD Card & Video Editing w/ App

infamousevans

Join
Jan 15, 2018
Hey guys,

I actually got my Spark up in the air for a good long flight this weekend. We finally had a decent break in the weather in North East PA. I burned through 4 batteries and got a lot of really great video. I put a 64gig SD card in the Spark and all of the videos recorded onto it.

Is there any easy way to use the DJI App to edit without the Spark being powered up, engines on etc?

Is it possible to just keep the SD card in the spark, and plug the USB into my PC or phone via OTG? Run the app that way?

I can't seem to find any way to do this, or clarification in the manual.

I really appreciate the feedback!

You can keep the card in the Spark but the Spark must be powered on for the computer to recogize.
There has to be a signal to the controller or straight to the phone/ tablet to have the phone/ tablet communicate with the Spark.
So in short, either way, power to the Spark is needed.

Thanks PM

If I plug the spark into my computer while powered up, will this help maintain the battery charge?

It still seems to pull too much power while idle that I can't see the battery charging or even remaining idle?

Basically I get a battery life window to edit that film lol

Thanks PM

If I plug the spark into my computer while powered up, will this help maintain the battery charge?

It still seems to pull too much power while idle that I can't see the battery charging or even remaining idle?

Basically I get a battery life window to edit that film lol

No...download the video out of the Spark, turn off the Spark and work with the file on the computer while the battery is charging connected to the computer.

Think of the Spark as a flash drive :D

Battery will not charge while on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran