Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Quickshot Rockets and drift

Thanks for sharing your Quickshot Rockets with us Brian. It seems although you selected yourself as the subject the Spark had other agendas. ;)
Cheers Dragonfly Joe!
I heard that overhead flying is the hardest on the tracking so maybe a bigger target, like my red mini, may have been better... anyway... that's as close to a flyaway that I want to experience! -The things you do for 'art' lol

Wohh! Against all odds Brian you have flown a Rocket. Great stuff and very entertaining. Very well narrated, only wish I had your tech knowledge to be able to have a bash myself. You have inspired me to have a go as soon as the weather gets its act together again. One day out of 6 here. Have you got UAV for wind at certain heights?

• Haha
Reactions: BrianP
Wohh! Against all odds Brian you have flown a Rocket. Great stuff and very entertaining. Very well narrated, only wish I had your tech knowledge to be able to have a bash myself. You have inspired me to have a go as soon as the weather gets its act together again. One day out of 6 here. Have you got UAV for wind at certain heights?
Cheers Twickers14!
Thank you for the kind words!
Re: UAV... I'm afraid it told porkies that day...
Rocket 1 went straight up and down, keeping me centred
Rocket 2 didn't... it drifted @90 feet, and kept on drifting until I stopped the quickshot and took control.
Great stuff that you are inspired!!!
Good luck with the weather...
I look forward to hearing and seeing how it goes!
Maybe start off with the default 40m height and then build up to the 90m/256 feet max height???
If I can help in ANY way please ask away or drop me a line [email protected]

Cheers Twickers14!
Thank you for the kind words!
Re: UAV... I'm afraid it told porkies that day...
Rocket 1 went straight up and down, keeping me centred
Rocket 2 didn't... it drifted @90 feet, and kept on drifting until I stopped the quickshot and took control.
Great stuff that you are inspired!!!
Good luck with the weather...
I look forward to hearing and seeing how it goes!
Maybe start off with the default 40m height and then build up to the 90m/256 feet max height???
If I can help in ANY way please ask away or drop me a line [email protected]
Thanks for this Brian. I have done nearly 250 flights but have (like many of our pals I am sure) had some dicey moments so am pretty conservative in my flying. Thanks for the offer and will be in touch if necessary. I do find the work posted by our friends across the pond very inspiring but they do have a tad more space than we do!!

Who knows what causes glitched, like following a target. But my experience is that most glitches are of my own doing.

Because I fly in mountains, canyons, etc, Spark does not see high terrain tops. So i adjusted my Maximum camera angle upward, but that is at the expense of its lowest downward angle. So if i were to do a Rocket with my Spark fairly close, it would not see me either.

So, is your drone too close, minimum camera angle too high? Also, dust can jam gimbal rotation. Is your gimbal clean?

Cheers and good luck!

George

Who knows what causes glitched, like following a target. But my experience is that most glitches are of my own doing.

Because I fly in mountains, canyons, etc, Spark does not see high terrain tops. So i adjusted my Maximum camera angle upward, but that is at the expense of its lowest downward angle. So if i were to do a Rocket with my Spark fairly close, it would not see me either.

So, is your drone too close, minimum camera angle too high? Also, dust can jam gimbal rotation. Is your gimbal clean?

Cheers and good luck!

George
cheers George, good points!
Interesting mod on the gimbal, you made. I thought it was very fragile so your mod gives me more confidence in the build quality. -any chance of photos of the gimbal mod?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers