Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RC left stick not working

Join
Aug 19, 2017
Hi, my new spark fly more combo remote controler left hand stick is unresponsive. I upgraded the firmware of the spark, rc and batteries as directed by DJI GO 4 app. All went well. When I tried to fly the spark I found the left hand stick was not working at all. I went to the settings and changed the Stick Mode from Mode 2 to Mode 1, this worked, so I changed back to Mode 2, this also worked! The Spark was flying without issue. This morning I tried to fly only to find that the Left Stick had stopped working again. I tried changing the Stick Mode but this did not help. I reloaded the Spark firmware via DJI Assistant 2, left stick still not working. I can't find how to reload firmware to the Remote Control, can anyone help with this?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G935F using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

I can't find how to reload firmware to the Remote Control, can anyone help with this?
Thanks in advance
To update/downgrade/refresh the RC through the Go4 app, you need to be connected to the RC via wifi, go in the main screen, there is on top right a 3 bars button (where you can see flight records), press that button long (IOS at least 10 seconds), release it and a screen will come to show you what up/downgrade are possible. Currently, even with the .0600 firmware on the Spark, the RC can still be downgraded.

It does. Note the AC must be off when doing that so that the app only sees the RC.

He's asking about the RC, and Assistant 2 can't be used with the RC. Correct answer provided above by @Dronason.
I realize that now, thank you for the correction.

I had a problem with rc on latest firmware too your best bet is using assistant and downgrade rc firmware dont do upgrade rc firmware

bennie

I had a problem with rc on latest firmware too your best bet is using assistant and downgrade rc firmware dont do upgrade rc firmware

bennie
You cannot up/downgrade the RC firmware with DJI assistant, only through the Go4 app.

Ok successfully downgraded the rc to .02, restarted rc and upgraded to .04 still no movement on the left stick in RC Calibration, right stick is perfect

At this point I would try another Restore Factory Defaults in the Assistant 2, if that doesn't cure your problem I would ask for a replacement RC from your dealer.

At this point I would try another Restore Factory Defaults in the Assistant 2, if that doesn't cure your problem I would ask for a replacement RC from your dealer.
Yes, that's sounds like last chance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme