Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RC to AC not linking

furiousbob

Join
Jul 19, 2017
I'm at my wits' end with this.

I got my Fly More combo yesterday in the mail, charged up all the batteries and turned both RC and AC on and activated the drone. Nothing was linked. So I followed the instructions to hold the battery button on the AC for 3 seconds and to hold the pause + Fn + custom button until the RC started beeping and the LED flashed green. Nothing.

Repeated, updated firmware, downgraded firmware.

Am I missing something? Is anyone else getting this issue?

Getting started can be frustrating at times and not all issues have the same fix. That being said we suggest you give this a try.

Turn on the remote, then the Spark and then your monitor device. After the Spark is turned on press and HOLD the power button. You will hear one beep, then 2 beeps and finally 3 beeps, this could be about 10-15 seconds. After the 3 rd set of beeps release the power button and try to connect the wifi again. Let us know if that works for you.

Holy moly that worked....

Thank you so much.

I tried it, it linked. I haven't tried flying it because it's dark out but I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I tried restarting everything it linked right up.

I remember doing the 3 beep procedure when I had difficulties after unboxing it. It never occurred to me to try it again. Hah thanks so much!!

If you want to reconnect the remote, you have to press for 3 seconds until you hear the single beep. That turns off the wi-fi mode and puts it in RC mode. As far as I can tell, you then have to reconnect the RC with the 3 button manoeuvre, which is a pain but only takes a few seconds. When you want to go back to wifi mode, press and hold for 6 seconds and you'll hear 2 beeps. The wifi reappears and your phone should reconnect automatically. The 9 second hold gives you 3 beeps, that resets the wifi settings back to factory condition, so you will be back on the stock SSID and password.

Holy moly that worked....

Thank you so much.

I tried it, it linked. I haven't tried flying it because it's dark out but I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I tried restarting everything it linked right up.

I remember doing the 3 beep procedure when I had difficulties after unboxing it. It never occurred to me to try it again. Hah thanks so much!!

You are welcome and thanks for updating us. Happy Flying!

If you want to reconnect the remote, you have to press for 3 seconds until you hear the single beep. That turns off the wi-fi mode and puts it in RC mode. As far as I can tell, you then have to reconnect the RC with the 3 button manoeuvre, which is a pain but only takes a few seconds. When you want to go back to wifi mode, press and hold for 6 seconds and you'll hear 2 beeps. The wifi reappears and your phone should reconnect automatically. The 9 second hold gives you 3 beeps, that resets the wifi settings back to factory condition, so you will be back on the stock SSID and password.

This, I did not know. I thought that holding it for 6 seconds toggles between wifi and RC mode. Not 3 seconds to enter RC and 6 seconds to enter wifi. This makes sense. Thanks for the tip!

OKAY! More issues today.

After successfully linking last night, I went out to fly it this morning. It flew for maybe... a minute? And then the AC disconnected. I made sure not to gain too much altitude just in case something like this would happen. So after a few seconds, the AC descended by itself to a height of about 1 foot. I had no control over it via RC so I grabbed the AC's underbelly and flipped the entire drone over so it's motors would cut off. Stumbled, I tried resetting the wifi and re-pairing. Nothing. Same issue as before. Instead of messing with it, I set it back in it's bag and went to work.

Later on, I had a few minutes of free time at work so I decided to try again. After resetting the wifi again, it paired right up. So again, I went outside and tried flying it. Same thing. About a minute of flight and it disconnects. I had to do the same thing and grab the drone's underbelly and flip it to shut it off.

As a side note, when the AC is used without the RC (controlling it with just my phone), it works beautifully!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme