Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Re-activating every time I connect to fly?

Mull1t

Join
Dec 29, 2018
Hi All,

Been a lurker here for a while and decided to pull the plug and picked up a Spark yesterday.

I think it’s user error but every time I want to fly my spark the app asks me to rescan the QR code either on the drone or the RC. Even if I just hit the home button on my phone and come back to the app it asks me to repeat the process?

Bit annoying as I was flying last night just as it started to get dark (only low!) and I didnt have enough light to scan the QR lol.

Surely I don't have to do this every single time?

Cheers

Did you register it before flying? Also maybe try in putting QR code manually instead of scan
Good luck

I wasnt talking about everytime he flies it, I was talking about the first time he received it!

Yeah all activated and all updates done, but every time I load up the app to fly I have to rescan the QR code in order to connect/fly.

Scanning the QR code is often unreliable. I suspect your activation is failing each time and that's why you are repeatedly prompted to scan it again each time the app is opened.

If you enter the code manually (instead of scanning QR) it should complete the setup and you won't get that prompt anymore.

If you still have that problem after the above steps you should uninstall the DJI Go app. Reset Spark and reset Remote Control. Then reinstall DJI app. Then you can setup with a fresh start

Thanks for the reply, yeah tried manual (however not a total reset). But I can never find the drone Wi-Fi (even if type the SSID). Always find the RC though.

Is resetting a spark pretty simple?

You can't see the drone wifi at the same time your RC is connected.

Power off the Spark and the RC. Then Power on Spark and not the RC. The Spark's wifi should now appear in your network settings and you can manually enter passcode to connect. Then you can power on the RC and all 3 devices will be connected.

Managed to get connected to the spark (had to hold the battery button for 10 seconds to refresh the sparks wifi). Connected directly to it, but again soon as I power off the drone or close the App and want to fly again I have to reconnect using the QR code or manual?!

Do you think this is user error or something is wrong with my spark? Best to go an factory restore and try and set up again from fresh?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe