Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Recording audio with video on SD card.

Steve Kennedy

Join
Aug 20, 2018
Did a first today and turned the mike on. Th audio was there on the smartphone but not on the Spark's SD card. How do I do this?

Try search Google for VideoPad a full featured and free video editor with good audio tools. BTW, ITS FREE!

The sound is recorded to the video CACHE which is only on the phone. So if you want to use that audio on the edit you must also use the low quality video from the cache.

That’s not entirely true. You could substitute the SD card footage for the low quality iDevice video, marrying the “stripped out audio” in video editing software. If syncing your narration is important, I suggest you hover the drone in front of you and pointed at you before your mission proceeds. Then just Clapp your hands to record a marker “ sync tone” that you can line up with the video of your clapp in the HD footage.... in post. Then go fly your mission. I hope that’s clear?

I had considered that option but could not figure out how to extract the audio file separately from the video cache file.

What is the name of software and steps you take? Have you actually done this or just theoretical?

Would be very helpful if you could explain

I use Apple QuickTime to export the audio from the low rez footage. Then import into video pad. Viewing the audio waveform, you’ll see a “spike” where the clap sound is. Then line up the video of hands making contact with the spike and your in sync.

Reactions: Spark 317
I use Apple QuickTime to export the audio from the low rez footage. Then import into video pad. Viewing the audio waveform, you’ll see a “spike” where the clap sound is. Then line up the video of hands making contact with the spike and your in sync.

That's the way Hollywood has done it since the "talkies" as the audio track is recorded separate from the film and with the aid of the clapper board before each scene, it provides a visual and audio marker for post production.

Reactions: Kidroc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers