Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RED WAYPOINT

Is it possible to run your app on my 5.5 Crystalsky? I managed to get it installed on it but I get a google services error. Is it possible to run the app without Google services because CS doesn't support paid apps as of yet.

THX

PACO

Tried it out tonight, only used one battery. The interface is nice, I couldn't get the waypoints to work, the app kept disconnecting from the aircraft. I'll definitely try it again. I was using the remote and a Galaxy S9+.

Just new! from few days ago. I have developed the app for DJI drones and it is tested with my Spark. If you want some more information at redwaypoint.com
David, why does the app need:

Device ID & call information
Allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call

David, why does the app need:

Device ID & call information
Allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call
Its a requirement of DJI Mobile SDK framework, while you are flying the drone, it disables the phones calls for security issues

Reactions: Taknev and thebool
Tried it out tonight, only used one battery. The interface is nice, I couldn't get the waypoints to work, the app kept disconnecting from the aircraft. I'll definitely try it again. I was using the remote and a Galaxy S9+.
I have some crash reports of initializing the DJI SDK on Samsung S9. I will investigate what is going on with this. Just check that you have your lastest firmware in your drone.

I have some crash reports of initializing the DJI SDK on Samsung S9. I will investigate what is going on with this. Just check that you have your lastest firmware in your drone.
When I first installed, it wouldn't load. I had to uninstall and reinstall, then it loaded. I'll check firmware later today. I'm sure once the bugs are worked out, this could be a nice alternative to the DJI app.

Reactions: butinik
A set up and tutorial video would be awesome if possible.
Next week some video tutorials will be available. For now follow this instructions

1. Plan your mission.(Recommended in Offline Mode)
Adjust the waypoint default parameters (GPS coordinates) taking into account the height.
Add Waypoints (the blue eye) creating the desired path.
You can add Waypoints in several geometry patterns (lines, circles, square, grid). Click over a single waypoint to change its height. In addition adjust the heading(0 NORTH, 90 EAST, 180 SOUTH, 270 WEST).
Another parameters is the gimbal (point forward with 0 degrees or downward 90 degrees). When the mission is ready save it.

2. Fly your mission.
Connect your Spark with your remote Controller and your Android to the WiFi.
Enter in FLY mode and load the mission created.
If your drone has GPS coordinates it will appear a Green dot (HOME POINT).
If you want to check your mission before launching, you can use the simulator “S” Button.
Before executing the mission you must take off (With the up arrow button).
Now you can fly manually. If you want to execute the mission and fly autonomously click on the PLAY button.
PAUSE button will stop your drone, and for resuming the mission just click again PLAY. The STOP button ends the mission.
Adjust some parameters for the mission such as the drone speed, action after finished and the drone heading. Set a POI Point Of Interest (The Orange point) and the drone will point to that coordinate.

3. Record your videos.
Go to the first person view, and Long Click the screen, you will have a full camera view. Adjust your camera parameters and focus on your videos.
Play with the gimbal! Adjust the speed movement and control it manually, you will create amazing videos!

It's a good start David, looking forward to future versions.

A couple of points:
Currently you only support WiFi connection to the RC (& I assume the drone directly)? I tried with OTG and it showed 'unidentified device'. When I tried 'Fly' the app crashed. With WiFi it worked.If I select Auto heading shouldn't it set the corresponding heading for each waypoint?

Although I could set some individual waypoints in Offline mode I couldn't seem to use the geometrical patterns - what's the method? I think I managed a square pattern once but not sure how and I couldn't do it agan.
What's the red icon for in offline?

A couple of points:
Currently you only support WiFi connection to the RC (& I assume the drone directly)? I tried with OTG and it showed 'unidentified device'. When I tried 'Fly' the app crashed. With WiFi it worked.If I select Auto heading shouldn't it set the corresponding heading for each waypoint?

Although I could set some individual waypoints in Offline mode I couldn't seem to use the geometrical patterns - what's the method? I think I managed a square pattern once but not sure how and I couldn't do it agan.

Yeah for me, OTG is a must

A couple of points:

1) OTG has not been tested, also not sure if supported by Spark. I will check this issue.
2) Auto_heading is for flying always in the forward direction. For getting the heading for each WP select custom mode.
3) At long click on the geometric patterns, adjust the number of points for the pattern, default is 1.
4) RED ICON is locate button, in offline mode it is used to locate your Android device on the map, you must have GPS enabled

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme