Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Refresh spark, new FAA Numbers

Jhumpert

Join
Jan 6, 2019
Now that we mailed my spark to Texas today to have it refreshed will I have to re-register with the FAA and get a new number since it will be a new serial number or will my old one still be sufficient?

Also can you renew refresh after getting a refurbished unit because my refresh expires November 12?

Will there be any warranty on the refreshed unit and if not what stops me from changing to my red cover I have been saving for warranty expiration if I hadnt crashed by that time.

If your current drone is already registered, you can go to the FAA Drop Zone site and login to your existing account. Once there, you will see the center box "Mark Your Aircraft" and it says, "You must mark each aircraft with the assigned unique registration number before it is operated". As long as you're operating as a recreational pilot, that registration number issued to you would need to be affixed to "each aircraft". This suggests that you simply affix that unique number to your replacement drone or any other drones you may acquire.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe