Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Registration

Dymo...the FAA does NOT send stickers.

I’m sure one of your buddies has a Dymo (or similar) label maker. Have them crank out several for you - you can just put those on any additional birds you acquire as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: ralf
Dymo...the FAA dies NOT send stickers.

I’m sure one of your buddies has a Dymo (or similar) label maker. Have them crank out several for you - you can just put those on any additional birds you acquire as well.
I just printed mine off on paper and sellotaped it to the spark

Printed, Sellotaped (to waterproof), then Strong double sided tape attached to the top of the spark and another on my remote, just in case i bump into that same wa%^er again who will quote the new registration criteria, Also printed off a "Certificate" to keep in the flight case for plod. Here you go, just fill in the blanks.....ohh sorry it won't allow me to upload a word document??

So how do you attach registration numbers to a Spark. Does everyone have to get a Dymo machine or do they send you a set of stickers?

A good old Sharpie permanent marker will work.

You can purchase a silver Sharpie and write the numbers on the Props. :D

They are on the external part of the aircraft after all.

A good old Sharpie permanent marker will work.

You can purchase a silver Sharpie and write the numbers on the Props. :D

They are on the external part of the aircraft after all.
You might want to re-consider using any permanent markings, as this might diminish the resale value in the event you decide to sell your Spark.

Permanent marker will yield under acetone or mineral spirits.

Permanent marker will yield under acetone or mineral spirits.

The Sharpie itself can be used as an eraser if other products aren't available.

Moisten the dry ink with fresh ink from the pen and it usually wipes clean.

You might want to re-consider using any permanent markings, as this might diminish the resale value in the event you decide to sell your Spark.

Nope.

I'm never going to sell this little flying chunk of fun. :)

Reactions: Medley
Could in the U.S. for awhile but that recently changed.

Not according to the FAA Website...if you are a Recreational flyer you only have one number that goes an ALL your birds:

IMG_6540.jpg

In the USA only Part 107 aircraft have unique registration numbers (some have N-numbers).

See for yourself...go to the FAA Drone Zone and login...you have two dashboards available, Part 107 and Recreational Flyer.

In the 107 dashboard you can manage your inventory of drones and register/delete them...in the Recreational dashboard you cannot add or delete any “drone” registrations because you only have one...YOUR personal registration number as a Recreational pilot.

Last edited:
Not according to the FAA Website...if you are a Recreational flyer you only have one number that goes an ALL your birds:

View attachment 11842

In the USA only Part 107 aircraft have unique registration numbers (some have N-numbers).

See for yourself...go to the FAA Drone Zone and login...you have two dashboards available, Part 107 and Recreational Flyer.

In the 107 dashboard you can manage your inventory of drones and register/delete them...in the Recreational dashboard you cannot add or delete any “drone” registrations because you only have one...YOUR personal registration number as a Recreational pilot.
The law changed in 2018 ......
Which drones need to be registered? According to the FAA ruling, every drone that weighs more than 0.55 pounds and less than 55 pounds needs to be registered via the FAA DroneZone portal. Currently, this is a requirement for everyone, regardless of whether you are flying your drone commercially or recreationally.Apr 20, 2019

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe