Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

regulations (yeah right)

jerryshawhan

Join
Jan 15, 2021
First. Doesn't the Spark being under 250g supposed to be exempt from the regulations?
and second.,.. what's going to stop me from flying my drone if it doesn't have the remote ID?

Ummm, hi. Welcome to the forum.

First, the weight of the Spark is 300g, FAA registration is exempt for under 250g.
Second, you are NOT exempt from FAA (and other federal, state, municipalities) regulations.

You will still need to register your Spark at: . Do NOT register at another site, only at the .gov site! Be careful! Nothing is stopping you from flying without Remote ID, right now. Later, when implementation is mandatory, the law will stop you, because you are a law abiding individual! Right? (When you drive, the law abiding person you are, stops you from speeding, doesn’t it?). There are rules to flying a drone that one must abide by, and the FAA DRONEZone is an excellent starting place!

Because you are a good person and want to be safe, I just know you will become the best pilot you know! This forum is a wonderful place to learn and grow in all things UAS.

Again, welcome aboard.

Being under 250 grams only “exempts” recreational pilots from UAV registration - not the rest of the applicable regulations or common sense.

The FAA can and will require registration of sub 250 gram UAVs if/when the clueless, careless, and criminal elements flying such UAVs become a problem.

Reactions: graywoulf
Likely just a troll but i'll respond anyway...

This type of attitude is what causes responsible recreational fliers to have a bad name and as such having additional restrictions added.

Don't be irresponsible. Fly smart or don't fly at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe