Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Remote control won't connect to spark after firmware update

Yogi_ZA

Join
Mar 14, 2018
Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before.

My remote firmware updated a while back and since then I cannot connect the remote to the spark.

Followed the normal process of linking everything:
1) connected my phone to the remote control
2) then turned on the spark, held the function button for 3 seconds and then tried to link the remote and spark both through the app and through the three button hold

I have then attempted to downgrade the firmware and try link everything again. Still cannot link the remote control and the spark.

I then upgraded to he latest firmware again and repeated the process and no luck.

I am able to connect my phone directly to the drone.

I'm in Capri tomorrow and was really looking forward to getting some shots but won't be able to really do much with just connecting to the phone.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Find/record the default WIFI passwords...Reset the WIFI on the drone AND the remote ( there is a button press procedure for the remote to reset it and holding the "power button" on the drone through a series of beeps)... Erase/forget the spark connection in your phone so that it does NOT try to connect to that as a default every time... Use the phone in "airplane mode" with only WIFI re-enabled ( to connect to the remote) to eliminate any other possible interference/connections

You able connect your phone to drone is a good point,then turn on your rc ,then push and hold the power button..that is the step

Find/record the default WIFI passwords...Reset the WIFI on the drone AND the remote ( there is a button press procedure for the remote to reset it and holding the "power button" on the drone through a series of beeps)... Erase/forget the spark connection in your phone so that it does NOT try to connect to that as a default every time... Use the phone in "airplane mode" with only WIFI re-enabled ( to connect to the remote) to eliminate any other possible interference/connections
Thanks that seems to have worked! Managed to get it to connect and fly indoors! Very happy/relieved and will see if it works today!

Reactions: jmbsmt63 and mano

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme