Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Remote in Mode 2 won't move craft backwards

justinhca

Join
Jan 13, 2018
Hi there:

I am struggling with the remote control in Mode 2 with my DJI Spark. In Mode 2, after calibration and connecting successfully, the craft can be controlled in all directions--except backward with the right stick. Haven't tried yet using only the phone, but I'd imagine that would work.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Try calibrating the Spark remote controller in DJI GO.

Have you enabled backwards flying in the menu?
OK, I found that setting available for Active Track, but I was just flying without that feature at the moment.
I noticed the remote indicator light was green, but then started flashing red a few times, and then returned to green.
In addition, I briefly received a "Inconsistent Firmware" popup with a slider control to update as well.
I tried to quickly slide it for the update, but the popup disappeared quickly, so I'm not sure it actually updated anything.

The controller was working sporadically, the right stick in Mode 2 briefly could control the craft as normal, but after a few seconds
became marginally responsive.

OK, quick update. The craft / remote / battery definitely needed a firmware update. I remember out of the box, the DJI Go app prompted me to perform a firmware update, but at this point, I'm not sure I had the remote controller linked. In addition, there was a very long delay at 99% in the firmware update process, so I'm not sure it had fully completed either. In any case, the solution was to get everything online to do the firmware update: 1) Drone powered on and connected to the DJI Go app, 2) Remote linked to the drone, 3) Phone connected to the WI-FI of the remote with active cellular network access. I launched the DJI Go app, and this time, the Inconsistent Firmware / Firmware Upgrade notification from the DJI Go app remained on the screen. I performed the update, and patiently waited at 99% for a minute or so, until I got the green success notification.

Everything works perfectly now!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe