Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Renew FAA Registration Spark Serial Number not accepted

muanis

Join
Aug 4, 2017
Tried to renew, selected that my drone has remote id capabilities but the serial number is not accepted. Had to go with the not supported and select serial number not applicable.

Does Spark have RID capability though ?
Don't think it does with regards to FAA incoming legislation.

Non RID capable aircraft will eventually be limited (by DJI) in countries bringing that in, won't they ?
Not sure where you are located . . .
Still, think it's at least a few years off in the US (looks like Sept 2023), and even then it will likely be delayed by something or other.

Reactions: graywoulf
Hi. I have just had my reminder too and we have 180 days to get it renewed. Like you it would not let me proceed with the renewal full stop. I didn’t get as far as putting my serial no in so, when I have a minute, I plan to drop the FAA a line-contact details are on the renewal site. My experience with them is that they are pretty quick at getting back to you on queries. Hope this helps.

I just renewed my two sparks without a problem. I use the official FAA site and I'm surprised that there are so many other sites trying to horn in on the action. The Spark doesn't have remote Id.
As a side note...My Air 2 was stolen from my car. Does anyone know of any method of finding a stolen drone. I'm thinking that it might be sold and the new owner could register it or apply to AirData .

Reactions: twickers14

As a side note...My Air 2 was stolen from my car. Does anyone know of any method of finding a stolen drone. I'm thinking that it might be sold and the new owner could register it or apply to AirData .

You might check the local pawn shops if available as the creep probably doesn't know what they have.

I'm not sure if it's possible to log into your account and view / sync the flight logs.

If the person flew your drone, it may be possible to see where it was flown since that person may not have knowledge of a flight record being recorded.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme