Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Restless

droffarc

Join
Sep 13, 2018
The Indian Ocean is the third-largest of the world's oceanic divisions, covering 70,560,000 km² or 19.8% of the water on Earth's surface. It is bounded by Asia to the north, Africa to the west and Australia to the east. To the south it is bounded by the Southern Ocean or Antarctica, depending on the definition in use.

An estimated 8 Million tons of plastic enters our oceans every year. There are 5.25 trillion pieces of plastic waste estimated to be in our oceans. 269,000 tons float, 4 billion microfibers per km² dwell below the surface. 70% of our debris sinks into the ocean's ecosystem, 15% floats, and 15% lands on our beaches.

80% of pollution in our oceans comes from land-based sources.
Most developing countries dispose of 90% water, and 70% industrial waste gets discharged into our oceans without treatment.
We produce 100,000 chemicals commercially – all of which threaten the ocean through transport accidents and leaking into the soil or atmosphere to reach the sea.
1950-1998 over 100 nuclear blast tests occurred in our oceans.
50% of the world’s ship cargo is considered dangerous to the environment; 90% of the planets international trade is transported by ship.
6,000 offshore gas and oil installations provide 30% of the world's energy supply.
The gas and oil industry releases greenhouse gases and causes thousands of spills annually.

Please help to save out oceans.

Thank you for watching

See more of my video clips on my YT channel at:

The Indian Ocean is the third-largest of the world's oceanic divisions, covering 70,560,000 km² or 19.8% of the water on Earth's surface. It is bounded by Asia to the north, Africa to the west and Australia to the east. To the south it is bounded by the Southern Ocean or Antarctica, depending on the definition in use.

An estimated 8 Million tons of plastic enters our oceans every year. There are 5.25 trillion pieces of plastic waste estimated to be in our oceans. 269,000 tons float, 4 billion microfibers per km² dwell below the surface. 70% of our debris sinks into the ocean's ecosystem, 15% floats, and 15% lands on our beaches.

Most developing countries dispose of 90% water, and 70% industrial waste gets discharged into our oceans without treatment.
We produce 100,000 chemicals commercially – all of which threaten the ocean through transport accidents and leaking into the soil or atmosphere to reach the sea.
50% of the world’s ship cargo is considered dangerous to the environment; 90% of the planets international trade is transported by ship.
6,000 offshore gas and oil installations provide 30% of the world's energy supply.
The gas and oil industry releases greenhouse gases and causes thousands of spills annually.

Thank you for watching

Thank you for watching

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme