Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Roatan, Honduras

RoarRoar

Join
Feb 3, 2018
Loc
NYC Metro Area
Just got back from a great trip and made a stop in Roatan. Had the chance to make a few brief flights and my old trusty green spark handled the challenge perfectly. The footage did come out a bit jittery but I might do a re-edit to fix that.

I highly recommend Roatan it’s a very unique Caribbean island as opposed to other places I’ve been.

Wow, beautiful place, the waters are just what you'd expect from the Caribbean . . . even on a seemingly overcast day.
The settlement is very picturesque.

Was your trip on the cruise liner seen docked ?

At 0:53 you get a fleeting view of some (what looks like) old complexes, penthouses with a pool each but look abandoned.
The grounds look kept, so too the larger pool ground level behind, it might just be one derelict part of a resort.

Only a few spots jittery, possibly just too fast / too low is those spots.
30fps should handle most flights, do you bother trying to get ~60 rule (1/60,000 sec) on the shutter ?
That could help is such cases.

Nicely done and great to share.

Wow, beautiful place, the waters are just what you'd expect from the Caribbean . . . even on a seemingly overcast day.
The settlement is very picturesque.

Was your trip on the cruise liner seen docked ?

At 0:53 you get a fleeting view of some (what looks like) old complexes, penthouses with a pool each but look abandoned.
The grounds look kept, so too the larger pool ground level behind, it might just be one derelict part of a resort.

Only a few spots jittery, possibly just too fast / too low is those spots.
30fps should handle most flights, do you bother trying to get ~60 rule (1/60,000 sec) on the shutter ?
That could help is such cases.

Nicely done and great to share.

I was on a cruise but not on the ship pictured.

It was overcast most of the day.

The villas/condos in question are mostly private residences most likely only occupied a few times a year.

I didn't really play with the camera settings at all since I didn't have a whole lot of time in each spot to fly.

Really good to your work RR. A very nice scenic tour and plenty to see. The mangroves look awesome but shudder to think what might be lurking there to take a bite out of you or a wayward Spark.

Reactions: RoarRoar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit