Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Rocket Launches

First of all.... pretty cool from all aspects. So you used your drone to film the aerial shots of your rocket launch! How many rocket launches did you do? Was that a lot of camera angles of one launch? Or several launches? Pretty cool either way!

Reactions: Roy Rogers
First of all.... pretty cool from all aspects. So you used your drone to film the aerial shots of your rocket launch! How many rocket launches did you do? Was that a lot of camera angles of one launch? Or several launches? Pretty cool either way!
9 total launches, 2 sites , 2 different days
Glad you liked it , we had a Blast!

Reactions: Spark 317
9 total launches, 2 sites , 2 different days
Glad you liked it , we had a Blast!
"We had a blast" Was that an intentional pun" :D

I built a lot of Estes rockets when I was a kid. They were affordable with my grass cutting money income back then. Now, a kid has to either have a job or a really good allowance to enjoy this hobby as the engines are outrageously expensive now. I enjoyed watching this again though just for the memories.

"We had a blast" Was that an intentional pun" :D

I built a lot of Estes rockets when I was a kid. They were affordable with my grass cutting money income back then. Now, a kid has to either have a job or a really good allowance to enjoy this hobby as the engines are outrageously expensive now. I enjoyed watching this again though just for the memories.
Thanks for watching Gray Wolf.
its really affordable though . the rocket was about 15$ engines are like 5$ for a 4 pack . cheaper then taking the kids to McDonalds .

Yes Pun was intended lol forgive me

Reactions: Spark 317
Thanks for watching Gray Wolf. its really affordable though . the rocket was about 15$ engines are like 5$ for a 4 pack . cheaper then taking the kids to McDonalds .
I was basing my statement on seeing some Estes merchandise at a craft store recently, I saw a rocket kit with the launcher priced a $45 and a pack of three engines priced at $17. I guess I should have figured that their prices were marked up ridiculously.

Reactions: Roy Rogers
Just curious, is this considered shooting at an aircraft with a homemade SAM? ;)

A drone is considered an aircraft.

Just kidding, but hmm...?

I was basing my statement on seeing some Estes merchandise at a craft store recently, I saw a rocket kit with the launcher priced a $45 and a pack of three engines priced at $17. I guess I should have figured that their prices were marked up ridiculously.
Your probly right about the kit . I got this at a local hobby shop called " Hobby Town USA " for about 15$ They had some as high as 150$ and as low as 9$ for a 3 pack lol. I bought a pack of B engines for around 5$ and A , C engines a month before I think Cs was a bit higher .
The As go about 100-150ft good for a back yard Launch . Bs about 400ft, I liked them best , no wind itll land with in 25ft for your launch pad . Cs 700ft + Park or large field launch . They are the most exciting but it goes very high very fast . I didn't mean for it to turn in to a commercial but if you got young kids or grandkids Its a cheap awesome activity to do with em , and you never know I might inspire a future NASA career (-:

Just curious, is this considered shooting at an aircraft with a homemade SAM? ;)

A drone is considered an aircraft.

Just kidding, but hmm...?
yea im working a better guidance system for it . it works off gyroscopes made from super liquid n quantum computers , lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe