Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RTH doesn't work

MVGsparked

Join
Jan 7, 2019
Hi all,
So I am a new pilot. I've flown a few times now. Haven't had hardly any issues. But one problem I have had is at the start of my flights I have set home point and app give me a "home point set successfully ". When I press RTH button it starts to come straight down where it is and makes no attempt to correct itself and return to home point. I have had to manually direct it to where I want ever time. What am I doing wrong.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, MVGsparked.

The RTH has multiple ways of landing depending on your settings.

Here's a flow chart that may help.:cool:

20190122_100811.png

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Like they said if it's close to your home point it will start descending. If you're not close perhaps your RTH altitude is extremely low. I like to set it at whatever altitude I'm planning to be at.

Check you are hitting the RTH and not the land now button. First twice I tested RTH, the craft just started to descend. Panicked I cancelled and later realized there are two buttons one above the other and I was hitting the wrong one, for what I wanted to do.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, MVGsparked.

The RTH has multiple ways of landing depending on your settings.

Here's a flow chart that may help.:cool:

View attachment 8449

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:
The flow chart says it all, although the translation from Chinese (or whatever) could have been better. I would replace "Raise at" with "Rise to" in a couple of those blue boxes. Also to improve clarity, the downward lines from the blue "Raise at 2.5m" and "Disable "Obstacle avoidance"" boxes should go down directly to the blue "Go home and land there" box at bottom right, instead of via a common point. I know, I know, I'm a real nit-picker!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit