Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RTH malfunction.

Mike Kase

Join
Jun 30, 2019
I was in the RTH mode due to low battery. The path was good and then the drone took a 45 degree reversal and lost the signal. Followed the path and video and found it. Is there a stronger more longlasting battery for a spark? And why would it 45 and drop to the ground?

Is there a stronger more longlasting battery for a spark?

No. At least DJI doesn't make one.

But this website, UAV Mods, has a battery clip for sale that allows you to add an additional third party battery that attaches to the bottom of the Spark.

They also have something to adapt the Mavic Air battery to the Spark.

I think I remember reading that you have to open up the Spark to disable the downward sensors or turn them off using a modded or third party app like Litchi.

Upload your flight log here to see the log.

You can copy/paste a link back here if you want others to see what may have happened.

The relatively low battery capacity and short flight time are the Spark’s weakest feature. Carrying 3 fully charged spare batteries is the best compromise but constant landing and powering back up is a slog.

Better work around for long flights is a Mavic Pro — seems to stay airborne forever in comparison.

Reactions: SoccerRef12
Maybe lost GPS? Your flight log should tell you. What did it say?
yes according to the flight record it lost GPS. Seems yes according to the flight record it lost GPS. Seems right before that it found some magnetic field interference. It happened directly over residential house.

just curious..how much battery was left? are you sure there was any battery left? I know it will just say landing..etc. I've never relied on mine to return home due to low battery.

i've had that happen. turns out, it was not just a low battery, but just out of range...keep forgetting there's no ocusync!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme