Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Screen breakup

Andy2001

Join
May 6, 2021
I've used a Spark & Galaxy A8+ combination for a long time and had no issues. But recently I've been getting screen break up : neon green & purple blocks on the screen, gradually filling the phone's screen till the camera's output becomes impossible to use. I've tested another Spark and the same problem happens. I've reinstalled the DJI Go 4 4.3.37 software and the problem remains. I've used a Samsung tablet and it doesn't exhibit the same problem. So the problem is definitely with the phone. The problem is unrelated to range as it can happen after around 2 minutes with the Spark flying within 10m, or even with the drone not flying, just switched on with the blades off. I've read someone's problems were perhaps due to the phone overheating, especially if you turn the brightness up. But when I tested this it doesn't seem to be the case, the ambient temp was 12 deg C and I turned the screen brightness down really low and the problem still happened.

The only change in the phone over time would have been the storage with the 32GB internal storage now nearly full. I've moved nearly all the docs,videos,photos etc to the micro SD, but the apps aren't moveable and take up 30.88 of the 31.83 GB storage used. It looks like I'll have to uninstall some of the less used apps and see if the breakup problem still occurs.

Has anyone else had similar problems, and were they able to fix it ?

Sounds very familiar tot me. Had same problem last year but not that worse.motorola G6plus
Happened only with my MP. Is streaming 1080p . especially in Litchi. Around same time problems with losing connection, bad videotransmission etc ..
Never had a problem with viewing HD you tube of Netflix movies.
There was also definitely something wrong with the USB C connector.
Tried everything . Clean install. Schutting down apps..
At the end bought a new phone. Problem solved.
I think for one of other reason the G6plus couldn't handle the datasyream anymore.or the USB C wore out

Thanks Roland. I've deleted some apps on the phone & freed up some storage. I'll continue to use the Spark with the tablet for a while and check there's no problem at all with continued useage there and then try the phone again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex