Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sea Crash for no apparent reason. Please help me to understand what happened

Nico X

Join
Feb 24, 2020
Hello Everybody,
I safely piloted my spark from an harbour to the open sea following a boat, which was carrying me and the subject of my video story. Then my drone landed on the deck (it wasn't and easy one given to the wind).
After a short navigation (we were close to the shore) I launched it again but it lost suddenly video connection (it was like 3 meters away from the remote!) and then quickly became unresponsive, hovering on the see at about 50cm altitude.
It was impossible to take it home, so we had to recover it manoeuvring with the boat. Unfortunately the wind and the high sea didn't help us so it went under the sea. Notwithstanding the freezing temperature, I had to jump from the boat and to recover it from the sea bed.
I don't want even to bother about taking it to DJI service (in Rome, Italy, it suks anyways). I want to know why it happened. why it had such behaviour. why it got unresponsive on the sea. I want to avoid the same mistake in the future with my next drone...
Thanks in advance for your help
Nico

You might also ask over at DJI FORUM

Some real brainiacs dwell there and love figuring stuff like this out.

Wind,Sea Salt ? The Spark is a Mini vacumn that cools the electronics. How often do you fly in these environments.You dont say how hard of a boat landing you had.(force wise)
Do you have any photos of the day in question ? From other cameras? Just to see conditions..
Sorry for you loss... Pop off the cover of the drone and take some pics to share with the group..
Rix

I had the same problem a month ago (fortunately it did not fall), when I tried to fly to the port (Tenerife Beach). It fly about 5 meters after which we lost the connection, returned, lost again. I think it was because of radar, radio interference.
I flew again, but in another location and there were no problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers