Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Second hand spark!! ??

Jess.888

Join
Dec 20, 2021
Hi!

First time buyer and found a second hand spark fly more combo on marketplace for $350aud!

Is it worth buying! Thank you!!

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Jess.888.

After the conversion to USD ($250.), that is a good price for a Fly More Combo.

Good Luck with your purchase. 👍

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hello to you as well linoko from the Hoosier Heartland.

Good luck with your sale and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Jess.888.

After the conversion to USD ($250.), that is a good price for a Fly More Combo.

Good Luck with your purchase. 👍

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:
Hello thank you :)

Do you think a spark is a good beginners drone? Like for the very first drone? Thanks so much for you advice ☺️☺️

Do you think a spark is a good beginners drone? Like for the very first drone? Thanks so much for you advice ☺️☺️

It was my first drone.

I would fly it today but the Spark had an incident earlier this year and is under repairs.

Tough little bird that still flies, but the camera is wonky after the incident.

I haven't given up on it yet. 😊

YES !! They really are (I feel) the most solid of DJIs drones, and the Spark can take some really good photos and video.

As per your post on Mavic Pilots regarding a 2nd hand M1P, the Spark battery is also obsolete, so make sure they are in good order.
There are no aftermarket batteries for the Spark as far as I am aware,

I own two Sparks.... They are tough. My first one has captured some great footage in Michigan, Florida, Colorado, and even Alaska - and a number of states in between. My first one got hung up in a tree in Florida (another story) and spent from April till October 2020 in that tree. I could not see nor retrieve it from the tree. I even bought another Spark (I have lots of batteries, accessories, etc) and searched for it. When I returned to the area in October I got a call from someone who found it (I clearly mark my drones) after all those months and some wild Florida weather. I was thrilled, but concerned that it may have not survived. I got the drone, no major physical damage, but concerned because of the exposure to weather and fall from the tree. Charged the battery, recovered the SD card, fired it up........ Now I have two.

I do think, even today, that the Spark is a great entry-level drone. It is built like a tank and is still the most portable DJI drone (including mavic mini and mini 2). It weighs more than the mavic mini (and mini 2), but also is a very strong flier in the wind. I flew mine recently in 23 mph sustained winds and it went out and easily made it back to me. If you get one, get a cheap OTG cable to connect the Spark controller to your smart phone or tablet. That improved the video transmission so much and, some say it doesn't affect range, improved my flight range.

The biggest problem are the batteries. You can find new batteries still (example), but they are way, way more expensive. Someone mentioned there are no aftermarket batteries.... a quick search yielded this (although I am not sure I would trust these - no reviews).

The biggest problem are the batteries. You can find new batteries still (example), but they are way, way more expensive. Someone mentioned there are no aftermarket batteries.... a quick search yielded this (although I am not sure I would trust these - no reviews).

Interesting.
I googled > xun neng xn-ddkh1457s < and not much came up available, one other ebay unavailable and a dead link . . .

Drones MB1 Battery for DJI Spark Spark Quadcopter 1400mAh / 15.96Wh | eBay

Shame, but yeah I have 5 good oem batteries for mine, so hope I can fly it for quite some time yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers