Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Setting Up Second New Drone

Mr Dave NJ

Join
Jun 21, 2018
Loc
Northwest New Jersey
I had to get a new Spark today to replace my disabled old one that struck a branch and is totaled. My question is how do I convert everything from old Spark to new Spark? Do I just start the Spark and Controller and then Iphone which already has the DJI ap installed? Or do I start from scratch and scan bar codes and stuff? I'm using wi fi and no cable.Also what about the registration? Do I re-register and pay another $5.00 or can I use the same number on new one, if so different serial number... Thanks for any input you may have. Probably not too difficult unless a conflict developes over connecting wi fi to Iphone.

I was in same situation when DJI Refresh replaced my drone instead of repairing the original I sent them.

I wanted a fresh start so I deleted and reinstalled DJI Go App (took less than a minute). Logged back into my account.

Reset controller. Reset Spark. Paired RC and AC and iPhone from scratch. Calibrated compass and IMU.

Whole process took about 10 minutes. Works perfectly. I hope it's the same for you!

I was in same situation when DJI Refresh replaced my drone instead of repairing the original I sent them.

I wanted a fresh start so I deleted and reinstalled DJI Go App (took less than a minute). Logged back into my account.

Reset controller. Reset Spark. Paired RC and AC and iPhone from scratch. Calibrated compass and IMU.

Whole process took about 10 minutes. Works perfectly. I hope it's the same for you!
How do you Reset Spark and RC? I can’t get them to pair.

It can be a pain. But it gets easier each time

1. Uninstall app from phone. Then reinstall app and log into account

2. Reset Spark by turning on AC then hold down Power Button for about 10 seconds (until LONG series of beeps). Then go to wifi Settings of phone and connect with wifi of aircraft. Power off AC.

3. Power on Remote Control. Then reset by holding down Power Button for about 10 seconds (more beeps). Go to wifi Settings of phone and connect to wifi of RC.

4. Now power on Spark and everything should be paired.

I am repeating this from memory and there's probably several other ways to do this. But that's what works for me. If it doesn't work there's always YouTube (the videos from DJI website didn't work for me)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe