Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Shore run at Cape Wolfe

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
Some Sparky shore shots from the Cape Wolfe area located along the western shore of P.E.I. Also includes Osmo 3 mobile footage of a nesting area of Bank Swallows. I'd like to dedicate that part of the video to twickers, our resident birdologist from the U.K. :) Hope you enjoy!

Beautiful video from the scenery, the shots, the flying, the post work and the choice of music. Really nice capture of the swallows and the proper dedication. Thanks for taking the time to share with us my friend.

• Love
Reactions: RotorWash
Beautiful video from the scenery, the shots, the flying, the post work and the choice of music. Really nice capture of the swallows and the proper dedication. Thanks for taking the time to share with us my friend.
Thanks very much my friend, I'm glad you liked it!

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Magnifique !
Nice flying and capture, well done.

Wow I am honoured. Only just seen this lovely serene film showing some fantastic airmen and ladies. Fabulous little birds-we have a similar species here called sand martins and, checking the lovely Birds of Canada my sister brought me back after a trip there many years ago, both birds (the bank swallow and the sand martin) share the same scientific name Riparia riparia. So presume they are one and the same. Massive thunderstorm here so no flying today. Thanks for sharing and the dedication.

• Love
Wow I am honoured. Only just seen this lovely serene film showing some fantastic airmen and ladies. Fabulous little birds-we have a similar species here called sand martins and, checking the lovely Birds of Canada my sister brought me back after a trip there many years ago, both birds (the bank swallow and the sand martin) share the same scientific name Riparia riparia. So presume they are one and the same. Massive thunderstorm here so no flying today. Thanks for sharing and the dedication.
You're welcome twickers, happy that you like the video! You are of course correct that the sand martin is the same bird. I had a couple of them in my backyard this spring where they made a nest in an old birdhouse that my daughter put together years ago. Always fun to watch them fly! ?

You have done very well to see one over there-here is a piece from Wikipedia.
“Globally, it is not rare and classified as a species of least concern (but noted to be decreasing)[11] by the IUCN.[1] It does have some national and local protections, as certain populations have declined or face threats from habitat loss and fragmentation. In Canada, it is listed as Threatened under Schedule 1 of the federal Species at Risk Act (SARA) due to the loss of 98% of its Canadian population over the past 40 years.[12] They are considered threatened in California, where populations exist in the Sacramento Valley[13] and at two coastal sites, Año Nuevo State Park and Fort Funston.[14]

You have done very well to see one over there-here is a piece from Wikipedia.
“Globally, it is not rare and classified as a species of least concern (but noted to be decreasing)[11] by the IUCN.[1] It does have some national and local protections, as certain populations have declined or face threats from habitat loss and fragmentation. In Canada, it is listed as Threatened under Schedule 1 of the federal Species at Risk Act (SARA) due to the loss of 98% of its Canadian population over the past 40 years.[12] They are considered threatened in California, where populations exist in the Sacramento Valley[13] and at two coastal sites, Año Nuevo State Park and Fort Funston.[14]
Interesting read, thanks twickers. ? Here's a CBC article from 2018 about the swallows at our national park. A couple of things I learned about these little chirpers; the Bank Swallow is the smallest swallow in North America and that many baby and parent swallows learn each other’s voices and stay together over migration to South America. :cool:

Interesting read, thanks twickers. ? Here's a CBC article from 2018 about the swallows at our national park. A couple of things I learned about these little chirpers; the Bank Swallow is the smallest swallow in North America and that many baby and parent swallows learn each other’s voices and stay together over migration to South America. :cool:
Great info RotorWash and thanks for the article. These little guys go thousands of miles, sleeping on the wing and survive awful weather on the way. Just been reading a lovely book about our Manx Shearwater (guess you have them there) which spends its first 4 years on the wing before landing where it was born to mate-wouldn’t suit us eh?

I would have taken those birds to be bee eaters, dunno if you get them in your part of the globe.
Nice smooth flight there with nice contrasting colours - plenty of oxidising iron ore and a bonus of the windfarm in the background - well done!

Great info RotorWash and thanks for the article. These little guys go thousands of miles, sleeping on the wing and survive awful weather on the way. Just been reading a lovely book about our Manx Shearwater (guess you have them there) which spends its first 4 years on the wing before landing where it was born to mate-wouldn’t suit us eh?
Wow that's amazing!

I would have taken those birds to be bee eaters, dunno if you get them in your part of the globe.
Nice smooth flight there with nice contrasting colours - plenty of oxidising iron ore and a bonus of the windfarm in the background - well done!
Thank you droffarc, much appreciated. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef