Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Should you buy the Mavic Air in 2019?

Plus what I have been through and dealing with:
1) One battery out of the flymore package DOA
2) Stuck pixels recorded on video/ photos
3) Faint white grid across the field of view on night shots recorded on videos
4) Panos not stitching proper exposure even on manual
5) Turned in one Mavic Air for the stuck pixel issue. Got a new one with the same issue in different area.
6) Got another Mavic Air for my fleet - battery DOA on that one.
7) Same issue with stuck pixels
8) Controllers reboot in flight

But if I do not want to do panos or night shots, it takes great video/ photos
And to be fair, Master Airscrew made propellers for the Mavic Air that puts the annoying high pitch buzzing to somewhat more bearable.

at 5:26 you say your Spark has been "minutes behind transmission" ?! Had to stop watching there waiting for clarification ;-)

at 5:26 you say your Spark has been "minutes behind transmission" ?! Had to stop watching there waiting for clarification ;-)
No, it literally has been almost a minute or two behind in transmission once or twice. It sounds rediculous but it happens. It wouldn't happen if DJI actually made it worth our money and put in a legitimate transmission system.

So you're seriously thinking that your smartphone was showing the drone's view with "almost a minute" ? Now that IS "rediculous" ;-) Ok I'm out of this thread.

So you're seriously thinking that your smartphone was showing the drone's view with "almost a minute" ? Now that IS "rediculous" ;-) Ok I'm out of this thread.
Of course I didn't time it but there was a MAJOR gap from realtime.

In real world, every product, has its target group of buyers.

MA capabilities (and price), are between Spark and MP, so YES, there are many out there, who will find out that MA meets their needs.

Save yourself 16:01 minutes...

the answer is NO

Spark is more versatile
Mavic Pro is more capable
Mavic Air is too loud

I am curious.....why do you believe the Spark is more versatile? At least recently, I have found the Spark's limited nav gear (ie only 1 compass) and reliance on Wifi limits its abililty to fly reliably....I agree about MP & MA

I am curious.....why do you believe the Spark is more versatile? At least recently, I have found the Spark's limited nav gear (ie only 1 compass) and reliance on Wifi limits its abililty to fly reliably....I agree about MP & MA

Each of those drones has a list of pros and cons. Each pilot and flight environment has its own set of needs. So what defines "versatile" will vary from person to person.

For me the Spark is suitable more more conditions than any of the other drones I own.

I take the Spark with me most everywhere I go and fly it almost every day - it could not be more versatile than that!

Each of those drones has a list of pros and cons. Each pilot and flight environment has its own set of needs. So what defines "versatile" will vary from person to person.

For me the Spark is suitable more more conditions than any of the other drones I own.

I take the Spark with me most everywhere I go and fly it almost every day - it could not be more versatile than that!

Your point is well taken. I have several DSLRs, and and take more pics with my phone. The best camera is the one that's with you :)

I ask mainly due to the Spark being more susceptible to signal interference, compass problems, etc. I took a trip to Singapore, along with my Spark, due its size. I almost lost it, surely due to those problems. Check out the 2nd of 3 flights. This was a lucky catch in a flyaway situation. Actual HP recorded was at location K. I did, however experience much better performance in other locations. ....cheers.Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 16.19.58.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex