Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Signal strength indicator

cdouble

Join
Dec 31, 2018
Can anyone confirm that, when using phone as the controller, the signal strength indicator in DJI GO 4 application is actually reporting signal strength at the Spark receiver and NOT signal strength at the controller/phone receiver?

Im asking because for me there is a big discrepancy between the two. The phone shows 4 bars while DJI GO 4 app shows 1 bar. This would confirm that the reason my range is 20 feet is due to defective Spark receiver/antenna (I've ruled out phone by trying a different phone with same result).

Reactions: Andre Levite
Can anyone confirm that, when using phone as the controller, the signal strength indicator in DJI GO 4 application is actually reporting signal strength at the Spark receiver and NOT signal strength at the controller/phone receiver?

Im asking because for me there is a big discrepancy between the two. The phone shows 4 bars while DJI GO 4 app shows 1 bar. This would confirm that the reason my range is 20 feet is due to defective Spark receiver/antenna (I've ruled out phone by trying a different phone with same result).

You are correct. The signal strength indicator in the DJI Go app is measuring the connection between the RC and aircraft. You should have full strength (not 1 bar) since you are only 20 feet away.

The WiFi signal indicator on the phone‘s status bar is not a relevant comparison because the phone is not connected to Spark when using the RC.

You are correct. The signal strength indicator in the DJI Go app is measuring the connection between the RC and aircraft. You should have full strength (not 1 bar) since you are only 20 feet away.

The WiFi signal indicator on the phone‘s status bar is not a relevant comparison because the phone is not connected to Spark when using the RC.
In this case I am using the phone as my controller. At 25' android is reporting strong signal hopefully DJI GO 4 is reporting very weak (no bars just a red dot). That tells me the signal from spark to phone is fine, but from phone to spark is not.

I've ruled out the phone by using a different phone and getting same result, so it sounds like the issue is with spark receiver/antenna.

Sound right?

In this case I am using the phone as my controller. At 25' android is reporting strong signal hopefully DJI GO 4 is reporting very weak (no bars just a red dot). That tells me the signal from spark to phone is fine, but from phone to spark is not.

I've ruled out the phone by using a different phone and getting same result, so it sounds like the issue is with spark receiver/antenna.

Sound right?

I don’t know what the red dot means. Sorry. I always use the Remote Control. Using the phone as the controller was too limiting and flaky.

But you should obviously get better range than 25 feet. I’d reset the WiFi on both the phone and the Spark. Uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go app too.

I think you will be enjoy your Spark more with a proper controller.

I don’t know what the red dot means. Sorry. I always use the Remote Control. Using the phone as the controller was too limiting and flaky.

But you should obviously get better range than 25 feet. I’d reset the WiFi on both the phone and the Spark. Uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go app too.

I used my phone for a week and enjoy my rc much better. But did you check to be sure you are not in beginner mode. Or have range set for 25 '.

I do have the rc unit. Thus is special case where I am mountain biking, need to carry everything in my backpack and pull it out for quick shots. Plugging phone into controller, syncing controller with spark, etc takes too long for these situations where I'm doing close in shots anyway. I've reset and reinstalled everything, will see what support says. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast