Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Smoke

You were pushing your luck flying that close to the water and really took a chance when you flew under that platform. I am surprised that you did not lose the signal and control in doing that. Luck was on your side for sure. But and interesting video to watch.

Yeah, there was some serious pucker factor there in a couple of scenes.

Reactions: gareth5000
You were pushing your luck flying that close to the water and really took a chance when you flew under that platform. I am surprised that you did not lose the signal and control in doing that. Luck was on your side for sure. But and interesting video to watch.
Just go to Sports if you fly under anything, it doesn't climb then.
The water wasn't as close as it looked, I don't think? I do that quite often. I find it thrilling:)

Just go to Sports if you fly under anything, it doesn't climb then.
The water wasn't as close as it looked, I don't think? I do that quite often. I find it thrilling:)
Wasn't as close as it looked you don't think? You have not read any of the posts about the Visual Position Sensors (VPS) and how they can be fooled and confused from the reflections on the water causing the Spark to lose altitude suddenly. And flying that close will not afford you much time to correct the drop in altitude if it occurs. It would be a bad day for you if your Spark takes an unexpected and unrecoverable swim. If you are going to keep this up then I suggest buying flotation landing gear. Better safe than sorry.

Wasn't as close as it looked you don't think? You have not read any of the posts about the Visual Position Sensors (VPS) and how they can be fooled and confused from the reflections on the water causing the Spark to lose altitude suddenly. And flying that close will not afford you much time to correct the drop in altitude if it occurs. It would be a bad day for you if your Spark takes an unexpected and unrecoverable swim. If you are going to keep this up then I suggest buying flotation landing gear. Better safe than sorry.
I've been flying close to the water for years, I haven't dipped my toes in yet....
I think it makes for better viewing. Floaties would spoil the fun, and make it harder to control.
I tried it with prop guards once or twice, that's dicey.
I don't look at the altitude, just the screen (or goggles). As I mentioned, latency is the biggest problem.
Thanks for your concern though:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pilot6521