Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Social media posts

SPark_South_Oz

Join
Apr 20, 2019
Loc
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Hi all, hope this is ok here, couldn't see a forum suggestion section . . .

A recent post on the general forums saw a new member post a reply, totally off topic, pushing their instagram . . . actually, they had 3 posts and all were the same pushing people to visit their instagram and like.
One was in classified section, another in someone elses post, can't see those posts or threads now (I'm not sure if the OP has been banned, or if those other posts were just deleted).
Very forum unfriendly and they were very put out by my asking them nicely to stop.

Anyway, reason for posting here is . . .
Does this Sparkpilots forum HAVE a specific thread where people CAN post their instagram links, or Youtube, and so on ??

Mavicpilots has such a thread Anybody on Instagram ? ADMIN EDIT: All Instagram here & only here.
Possible there are similar threads for YouTube, as the main social media platform pilots seem to use.

I'm not against people having a place to put their links !!
Was just ticked off a bit by this person posting so blatantly off topic, and with impunity as they were.

Is there at least one social media link thread here ?
Ie. All YouTube here . . . or . . . All instagram here
Searched and couldn't find one.

Is it a good idea to have a joint one in general forums as a sticky ?
Eg. *** All social media links here ***

A place mods or admin can move threads that are posted wherever by the occasional poster like this.

Reactions: nilanjan118
A thread was started a while back but probably went dormant over time.

That's good to have here, and yes that would easily disappear down the thread list pretty quick if not used often.
Maybe if it ever gets to be an issue mods can pin it with a similar title mod to the MavicPilots thread, at least somewhere those sorts of thread bombs can be moved to.

For me, I have the YT channel in my signature, and my own website is listed in the sidebar... nobody's complained about the sig link so far... I would think there may be a limit however to tolerance. I have an instagram account too... but I dont run to social media much, I like forums, I run my own and visit many of these drone related ones. A topic would okay for everyone to post if they wanted I suppose.... as said, a stickie would make sense, otherwise it would vanish.

Anyone know the rules Jet2.com on travelling with a drone on board hold or up top flying to Crete in Sept .drone Spark.

For me, I have the YT channel in my signature, and my own website is listed in the sidebar... nobody's complained about the sig link so far... I would think there may be a limit however to tolerance. I have an instagram account too... but I dont run to social media much, I like forums, I run my own and visit many of these drone related ones. A topic would okay for everyone to post if they wanted I suppose.... as said, a stickie would make sense, otherwise it would vanish.

I'm all for the discreet sig link to social media too, was actually going to suggest that to the member concerned, they weren't playing nice . . . not contributing (think that was your thread, you must have seen it), and just replied to threads with a message to visit his page and like it.
Bad for forums, like I said to them, if everyone did what he did it'd be a mess.

So far this place is fairly quiet (as compared to mavicpilots) so I certainly haven't sen much of this in the time I've been here.
Hopefully if it does get more common, at least there is a thread and place to put links, and mods could make it a sticky when / if ever needed.

Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef