Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Some Ontario scenery

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com

Spark behaving itself again, a quick stop on my drive north last week, this area is north of the Muskokas... Ontario's "Cottage Country"... which is peppered with popluation along the shores of its numerous lakes. Up in this area, there are farms and many more small lakes... but the crowd thins out... which is to my liking!

Please watch, like, subscribe and hit the bell on YT if you wish! Thanks.

I like your footage, but it suffer from Spark's variable frame rate (vfr).
You will notice the stutter in the beginning and when you slowly yaw/pan.
No offence, mate!
What's your workflow?

Me? I always recode raw footage to constant frame rate (cfr), because editor software sometimes does'nt like/cannot handle vfr.

Who said the world is full up. Too many people. Try this landscape for size. Just beautiful and love the idea of Cottage Country.

I like your footage, but it suffer from Spark's variable frame rate (vfr).
You will notice the stutter in the beginning and when you slowly yaw/pan.
No offence, mate!
What's your workflow?

Me? I always recode raw footage to constant frame rate (cfr), because editor software sometimes does'nt like/cannot handle vfr.
I am using final cut pro... often I simply double the frame/sec with optical flow, but it takes forever and consumes half the universe's disk space! <lol>

I have converted before, but did not find a great improvemnt. VFR is a problem for sure.

What do you use for that Haggi? Handbrake? I used Shotcut in the past....

I bet you are just dying to get your hands on a MP2Z. ;) :D

Well, the house is up for sale now, just need someone with bags of money to come a knockin' :p Four times the bit rate and that third axis... ya, cant wait.

Last edited:
Who said the world is full up. Too many people. Try this landscape for size. Just beautiful and love the idea of Cottage Country.

Much of Canada's north is like this, most of it actually, about 80% of us live within 100 miles of the US border.... So north of that, its pristine in many spots.

Reactions: twickers14
I am using final cut pro... often I simply double the frame/sec with optical flow, but it takes forever and consumes half the universe's disk space! <lol>

I have converted before, but did not find a great improvemnt. VFR is a problem for sure.

Have you tried this simple solution:

Reactions: MarkBarnes
Well, the house is up for sale now, just need someone with bags of money to come a knockin' :p Four times the bit rate and that third axis... ya, cant wait.
I am assuming that you are speaking of your mother's house being for sale?

So thanks to a great contributor here, who gave me a nudge, I recoded this video, but with slightly different edits. A quick job, but defo smoother.

There might be a nod to that wisdom somewhere in there!

• Love
Reactions: Haggi and Spark 317
Cheers to Robin and Haggi. :)

Yessir - left it in the will!
I hope that you find a buyer soon and get your asking price as well. And I guess that you are lining up all of the accessories that you will need and want for the MP2Z as well. Now that I have car payments again, I won't be buying any more toys for a long while but I'm OK with that.

Still not buttery smooth, but hey, its a Spark.... I have also gone, as I said before, to the extreme of upscaling to 60FPS and applying stabilization, that combination works, but its time consuming. Once I get the time to Spark somewhere stunning, I will go to that length to produce. :-D

I hope that you find a buyer soon and get your asking price as well. And I guess that you are lining up all of the accessories that you will need and want for the MP2Z as well. Now that I have car payments again, I won't be buying any more toys for a long while but I'm OK with that.
Thanks. Car payments???? Do tell! Now you can drive to amazing places and fly your drone more... we are starving for some NC vids!

Well... first of all, I do all my drone-stuff, including video-edit, on my Galaxy Note8.
I have Vegas on my laptop, but doesn't use it for drone footage.

Example:
  • I do a couple of flights, footage recorded on sd-card in Spark.
  • On my trip back home, I use a small usb card reader via a two-inch long OTG adapter, straight into my phone.
  • Unloading all media from sd-card to a folder in device. Time to have a quick look at the footage.
  • If some great shoots, keep on device. Rest goes to the cloud. All my media ends up in the cloud eventually.
  • Photo's washed through Snapseed or any other suitable app. Shared, cloud or both.
  • Video files transcoded in FFmpeg Media Encoder to CFR before editing in PowerDirector app.
  • Uploading result to Youtube. Shared, cloud or both.
Plain and dirty...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme