Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Some time lapse clouds

basily

Join
Oct 2, 2019
Loc
Huayapam, Oaxaca, Mexico
It's rainy season here in San Andres Huayapam, Oaxaca, Mexico, where I currently live. I used to hate the rain, but living here has taught me to love it, because of how beautiful it gets. Here are 3 time-lapse videos that I made that I'm pretty proud of. The first has a little more motion in it than I was able to effectively smooth out, but I think it's still pretty good. I really dig the sped up cloud action, and I made the videos "boomerang-style" so they go forward then backwards.

Really interesting clips. Do we have or is Spark capable of time lapse?

I'm not connected to my Spark right now, so I might get the exact terminology wrong, but... it's in the picture mode (not video) you can select to take a picture every x seconds. I can't remember if the minimum is 2 or 3 seconds - that's what I shot, until the battery ran low, then imported the pictures as a series into photoshop, exported the video, and use Microsoft Hyperlapse Pro to stabilize (it actually worked better than I could get in Davinci Resolve).

I'm not connected to my Spark right now, so I might get the exact terminology wrong, but... it's in the picture mode (not video) you can select to take a picture every x seconds. I can't remember if the minimum is 2 or 3 seconds - that's what I shot, until the battery ran low, then imported the pictures as a series into photoshop, exported the video, and use Microsoft Hyperlapse Pro to stabilize (it actually worked better than I could get in Davinci Resolve).
Wow. That I didn’t know. Don’t have those editing brands but will have a look and see if the stuff I’ve got can do it. Thanks very much for this.

Reactions: basily
Wow. That I didn’t know. Don’t have those editing brands but will have a look and see if the stuff I’ve got can do it. Thanks very much for this.

You can also use the free version of Davinci Resolve to turn a series of pictures into a video - and many other free software applications too. Also, MS Hyperlapse Pro is free - you simply have to request an activation key and they'll send you one.

You can also use the free version of Davinci Resolve to turn a series of pictures into a video - and many other free software applications too. Also, MS Hyperlapse Pro is free - you simply have to request an activation key and they'll send you one.
That’s really helpful thank you. Will have a look at these and have a poke around to see what’s there. It’s pouring with rain here and has been for 4 hours so no flying today.

Reactions: basily
FWIW, I reprocessed my series of pictures to get much, much better stabilization using Photoshop to align them and make videos, then loop back and forth with Davinci Resolve. My first picture series had too much motion to be rescued, but here are the perfectly stabilized versions of the other 2 videos, unfortunately, the perfect stabilization requires more cropping.

Reactions: Spark 317
FWIW, I reprocessed my series of pictures to get much, much better stabilization using Photoshop to align them and make videos, then loop back and forth with Davinci Resolve. My first picture series had too much motion to be rescued, but here are the perfectly stabilized versions of the other 2 videos, unfortunately, the perfect stabilization requires more cropping.

This is I am sure brilliant but I am not the savviest of computer operators. Will have a look at the advice you give. Thanks so much for giving all this detail. There will be people more experienced than me who will benefit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe