Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Source for new batteries

Chrislaf

Join
Oct 12, 2017
Loc
ON, Canada
Anyone have a good source to purchase new Spark batteries at a reasonable price from a Canadian retailer? Two of my batteries are in need of replacement (the button on one doesn't work when it heats up and the other has one cell that is giving constant major cell deviations). I have ordered from DJI in the past but they don't have free shipping anymore.

Most batteries I am seeing are around the $70-80 mark. I was hoping to find some a little cheaper if possible.

Thanks,

Chris

London Drugs, Staples, Best Buy. They're getting harder to find new being a discontinued item. Inventory varies by location and a lot have already cleared them out. Got my last 2 off ebay. Have to be careful and use common sense and due diligence, but good deals to be had. How many charges did you put on yours before they needed replacement. Couple of mine are over 60 and still going strong.

London Drugs, Staples, Best Buy. They're getting harder to find new being a discontinued item. Inventory varies by location and a lot have already cleared them out. Got my last 2 off ebay. Have to be careful and use common sense and due diligence, but good deals to be had. How many charges did you put on yours before they needed replacement. Couple of mine are over 60 and still going strong.
Thanks for the reply. I have checked Staples and Best Buy but no luck there. I’ll check London Drugs. I am looking at Omniview tech that Robin @Northwood Mediaworks has linked to in other threads. They seem to have good prices. With regard to deals, yes I procrastinated on one by a dealer in London ON who had old stock on clearance for CAN$59 ?. Waited too long and now they are gone.

My battery that is giving me major cell deviations has 108 cycles. The one that has the button problem has 69 cycles. I have two other batteries that are fine at over 100 cycles.

Chris

In regards to Canadian retail, $64cad seems to be the low end price.
Yah, that’s the best price I’ve found so far.

What worries me about the Spark batteries is that there doesn’t seem to be any third party batteries, so when DJI stops selling them, then it will really be hard to find them. Whereas, with my P3S there are lots of third party batteries still available.

Chris

Well, this thread leads to a good question for us Spark fans. Where in the future can we find batteries ???
As a previous poster mentioned, there are no 3rd party producers. I wonder what source will be available. Surely a 3rd party vendor will come up as so many of us are keepers of the Spark.

Well, this thread leads to a good question for us Spark fans. Where in the future can we find batteries ???
As a previous poster mentioned, there are no 3rd party producers. I wonder what source will be available. Surely a 3rd party vendor will come up as so many of us are keepers of the Spark.

I posted this in another thread.

I have seen this battery mentioned before.

They are marked with "FN" on the battery to show it has been refurbished.

Here is a post from a couple of years ago on the DJI Forum.

They may be around for awhile if "refurbished ".

Just got my two new batteries from Omniview Tech. Mulling over whether I should get a 3rd before they disappear since my other two batteries have well over 100 charge cycles and are more than 2 years old.

Just watched a Spark battery take apart and that definitely does not look easy or practical.

The XT30 lipo connector is something to consider when the sources for Spark batteries start to dry up which I think will be sooner rather than later.

Chris

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that DJI won't continue to support the Spark with just batteries. It's a fine, strong & sturdy drone. I hope some 3rd party vendor produces them soon.
I agree, the Spark is an excellent drone and although I don't have a Mavic Mini, the Spark seems to be a much better build quality.

Since no 3rd party batteries have appeared yet, I am not holding out too much hope for them in the future. That's why I might just buy a 3rd new battery even though I don't really need one right now because I think they are going to start to disappear soon and won't be available. Now that the Mavic Air 2 is out, more and more people will be upgrading to it or moving to the Mavic Mini so there will be no real incentive to keep making Spark batteries or for any 3rd party to step in to fill the gap.

Chris

I agree, the Spark is an excellent drone and although I don't have a Mavic Mini, the Spark seems to be a much better build quality.

Since no 3rd party batteries have appeared yet, I am not holding out too much hope for them in the future. That's why I might just buy a 3rd new battery even though I don't really need one right now because I think they are going to start to disappear soon and won't be available. Now that the Mavic Air 2 is out, more and more people will be upgrading to it or moving to the Mavic Mini so there will be no real incentive to keep making Spark batteries or for any 3rd party to step in to fill the gap.

Chris

Where will you find a new Spark battery?
Whatever you do, DO NOT trust this site. It is a scam.
Search Results for “spark battery” – So Turan

Reactions: Spark 317
Where will you find a new Spark battery?
Whatever you do, DO NOT trust this site. It is a scam.
Search Results for “spark battery” – So Turan
I just bought 2 from the Canadian retailer I mentioned above. They arrived on Monday and are originals and work fine. I was thinking of getting a 3rd one from them before they disappear.

Unfortunately, when the batteries become hard to find scammers will come out of the woodwork and try to capitalize on people desperate to find batteries.

Chris

Going forward, I likely will not buy any new batteries for my Spark now. I currently have 4 working batteries and will use them until they have to be retired or my Spark fails or I crash it. The new Mini 2 looks to be a good replacement for the Spark when that time comes.

Chris

Anyone have a good source to purchase new Spark batteries at a reasonable price from a Canadian retailer? Two of my batteries are in need of replacement (the button on one doesn't work when it heats up and the other has one cell that is giving constant major cell deviations). I have ordered from DJI in the past but they don't have free shipping anymore.

Most batteries I am seeing are around the $70-80 mark. I was hoping to find some a little cheaper if possible.

Thanks,

Ch

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef