Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Southwest Airlines & Spark Carry On

Hickeroar

Join
Sep 9, 2017
I know the official policies and the FAA regulations say that I should be able to carry the Spark batteries on an SWA flight, but: Does anyone have any experiential story they can share about that? I'm going to stick the batteries in a lipo fire proof bag just to be safe, but should I be prepared for any resistance by ignorant employees or anything?

I took my spark and 3 batterys from California to Washington state
In California i got pulled for second inspection and so did my carry on
There is absolutely no problem taking your spark on a flight in the US no lipo bags required
You just cant check the batterys.
You must put them in your carry on

Reactions: Hickeroar
Funny i work for Southwest,they told me i cant take my mavic or spark,probably a a miss informed colleague though

Realistically it's not up to the airline anyway. It's up to the FAA and TSA. If you can make it through security with your stuff, you can just shove it in your carry-on bag and you're good to go. There's pretty much no way your airline is going to know either way, as long as you're not just carrying the drone in your hand.

I know the official policies and the FAA regulations say that I should be able to carry the Spark batteries on an SWA flight, but: Does anyone have any experiential story they can share about that? I'm going to stick the batteries in a lipo fire proof bag just to be safe, but should I be prepared for any resistance by ignorant employees or anything?

Shouldn't be a problem, but a simple way to make the Spark look less "dangerous" is to remove the props from the motors. (Depending on your case, they're less likely to get damaged that way anyway.) By now TSA staff shouldn't make a big deal about batteries...

I just flew with Southwest from Milwaukee to Seattle and back with my Spark and 3 batteries in a nice case. No problem or questions from TSA as I went through security.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers