Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spak disconnected

Marno Denner

Join
Apr 14, 2018
Loc
South Africa
Hey guys i have a nail biting experience yesterday. I took my spark for a flight and normally my max altitude is 150m. After setting it to 300m i took the spark up and suddenly i lost connection with the spark. Luckily it was right above me so i just bought it down safely and then it regained connection only when it was on the ground.

My setup:

Phone, Samsung Galaxy s9 plus, my drone is modified to FCC, i fly with an OTG cable because for some reason i cant fly as far without it. I use a 5.2ghz signal.

Any thoughts on why this happend?

Hey guys i have a nail biting experience yesterday. I took my spark for a flight and normally my max altitude is 150m. After setting it to 300m i took the spark up and suddenly i lost connection with the spark. Luckily it was right above me so i just bought it down safely and then it regained connection only when it was on the ground.

Any thoughts on why this happend?

Hello, was the Spark directly above you? The antennas have a strong signal around them but a canal with bad signal directly over it. If you fly next time, be sure the flat side of the antennas showing to the spark

Ps: Where do you live that you are allowed to fly up to 300m?

Edit: look at the video at around 1:15. Maybe that was your problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andre Levite
Spark antenna are highly directional -- straight up is in the dead zone of signal.

At 985 feet altitude you are in the same airspace as small manned aircraft. Not a good idea - especially if you have no signal and therefore poor control of your quad.
Thanks for the advice and no offence but if you tell me you haven't flew your drone more then 100ft you are lying

Thanks for the advice and no offence but if you tell me you haven't flew your drone more then 100ft you are lying

You got good advice from two well respected Forum members and you respond with insults?!? I would expect you to be at least a little appreciative and courteous.

FYI: I have never flown my drone higher than our local limit of 400 feet and see no valid reason to do so. I have also read the manual and the local regulations so I will never experience the problem you are describing - but I still was polite and respectful.

Marno i would not use the word (lying)even though i think you did not mean it as lying,but it is always a good idea to listen what other experts are saying soeciall a guy like Andre Kevite who i think has a lot of experience since i follow all his posts.cheers

Reactions: Andre Levite
Sorry guys i didn't mean it in a disrespectful way. I just meant that we all do take some chances here and there. I stay in South Africa more to the country side and here where i stay there are hardly any air traffic. I would never fly it that high it a place where i know i would cause trouble.

To come back to the topic. Yes the spark was right above me and thanks for the tips i appreciate it a lot

Again i apologize if i sounded disrespectful towards anyone

Reactions: Paul215

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe