Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

basily

Join
Oct 2, 2019
Loc
Huayapam, Oaxaca, Mexico
My first work that I feel is worth sharing.

These are a series of 360-panorama photos I took with the spark. I've been having fun shooting these, and thought I'd like to take my Insta360 One X up in the air so I can shoot slightly higher resolution 360's than what the Spark was giving me. It's complicated - extra weight, down sensor interference - anyway, I'll try again, because I think a 360 video where you're flying up into the air would be pretty cool.

However, in the meantime, I realized that the DJI app was discarding almost all of the photo data when it stitches the 46 images into one 360 panorama. You end up with relatively low-resolution photos, which look cool, but lack detail. So, I got to investigating... in the end, I used Microsoft Image Composite Editor, and then Exif Pilot in inject the correct XMP photosphere tags, and by some miracle (everything Iv'e read says that the limit is 100 megapixels) I'm able to upload to my google photos (and even street view) at full resolution, which, after this process, comes out to about 146 megapixels. If you have a google cardboard, daydream or some other 360/VR device, these photos are extra interesting to look at. I think the last couple are the best, and they're from 500m elevation (over the roof of my house:)).

I'll try again, because I think a 360 video where you're flying up into the air would be pretty cool.

I checked out your pictures, nice job. ?

This YouTube link is one that has a fun bunch of pilots that travel around and film the trip.

She posted here on the Forum a long time ago.

Anyway...she uses a small 360* camera in her videos and occasionally it's attached to the Spark.

Check out the channel for some ideas?

Reactions: basily
Awesome panos. I viewed with a Win10 laptop, touchscreen. Very easy to pan around. Great topography. That's Mexico, yes?

I checked out your pictures, nice job. ?

This YouTube link is one that has a fun bunch of pilots that travel around and film the trip.

She posted here on the Forum a long time ago.

Anyway...she uses a small 360* camera in her videos and occasionally it's attached to the Spark.

Check out the channel for some ideas?

I think I know what my issue is the the 360 camera. I checked out the youtube channel - they're using the same camera. I've taken it up on the spark with just a string attaching them, and that worked, but between the pendulum motion of the camera on the string and its aggressive stabilization, it's a mess. Anyway, I have a proper 3d printed mount for the camera now, and I think the issue that I've had is due to the camera being mounted too close to the drone. It takes off, then, I believe, the down sensors trip out and it think it's on the ground so the rotors stop. Luckily when this happened, it was over very soft ground...

I believe, the down sensors trip out and it think it's on the ground so the rotors stop.

I don't have it myself, but the Litchi app allows the user to turn off the bottom sensors.

You can plan missions with the app so that the Spark flies smooth and on course to benefit from a 360 camera.

I don't have it myself, but the Litchi app allows the user to turn off the bottom sensors.

You can plan missions with the app so that the Spark flies smooth and on course to benefit from a 360 camera.
Yes, i remember seeing that somewhere. I meant to write that that'll be the next thing i try. Next time I'm somewhere with very soft ground...

My first work that I feel is worth sharing.

These are a series of 360-panorama photos I took with the spark. I've been having fun shooting these, and thought I'd like to take my Insta360 One X up in the air so I can shoot slightly higher resolution 360's than what the Spark was giving me. It's complicated - extra weight, down sensor interference - anyway, I'll try again, because I think a 360 video where you're flying up into the air would be pretty cool.

However, in the meantime, I realized that the DJI app was discarding almost all of the photo data when it stitches the 46 images into one 360 panorama. You end up with relatively low-resolution photos, which look cool, but lack detail. So, I got to investigating... in the end, I used Microsoft Image Composite Editor, and then Exif Pilot in inject the correct XMP photosphere tags, and by some miracle (everything Iv'e read says that the limit is 100 megapixels) I'm able to upload to my google photos (and even street view) at full resolution, which, after this process, comes out to about 146 megapixels. If you have a google cardboard, daydream or some other 360/VR device, these photos are extra interesting to look at. I think the last couple are the best, and they're from 500m elevation (over the roof of my house:)).

The "miracle" is that Google Photos now accepts "incomplete" pictures like FB has done for a while. That's nice because you no longer have to waste time filling in the sky !

The "miracle" is that Google Photos now accepts "incomplete" pictures like FB has done for a while. That's nice because you no longer have to waste time filling in the sky !
It's important to inject the right xmp data though. Also, everything I've read, they only accept maximum 100 megapixels. This appears to not be true, however, before I'd gotten the xmp tags right, what would succeed or fail to upload seemed pretty random.

Does FB accept such high res picks?

No there was a limit on the size, can't remember if it was 6000 or 10000 width.
So I tried to upload an Exif Pilot "tweaked" non 2:1 Sphere to Google Photos and it worked fine, until recently (well at least last summer) it would be all distorted. That's going to be a big timesaver not having to fill in the sky !

I use I.C.E, then Paint.net on Win10 to get the right ratio and size then upload to Kuula and paste the link to Facebook as got fed up with trying to get Facebook to accept my panos directly. Works for me. My panos are on Jon on Kuula

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers