Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark and some Kangaroos.

Jason M

Join
Jan 26, 2019
Took the Spark for a fly around a farm in Northern NSW in Australia and got these shots of some Kangaroos and farmland. I thought I'd share it, especially after hearing from other members how cold it is in some parts of the world. Filmed a Goat using an DJI Osmo pocket. It was pretty windy so the Spark jumped around a bit. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did flying.

I like the overhead shot towards the end of the roo in the pen, at first I didn't notice it but the shadow is a dead give away.

Thanks for sharing the warmth.

12* F now with snow and ice on it's way here in Indiana.
Yuk.:(

Reactions: Jason M
Quite surprised to see that one goats lack of reaction when the Spark came nose to nose with it.

Today it’s a balmy -18C (1F) in Saint Lazare & spring seems far away.
NB

The goat was filmed with the Osmo Pocket.

Nice video! I suspect that roo's are as common there are turkeys are here :)
That's funny - I was holding my breath about the prop touching the goat's nose - then you said osmo :D

The goat was filmed with the Osmo Pocket.
Yes. That was the part that I filmed with the Osmo. The goat didn't eat my spark. Just that one part with the Osmo and the rest including flying through the pine trees was with the Spark. Thankyou for watching it.

Very nice video. The kangaroos didn't seem to be at all bothered by the Spark.
I had to hover for a little while above them and then try and float down. Unfortunately the film was a little jumpy for those reasons. The Kangaroos weren't too worried and were more focused on eating grass. They're used to seeing Humans and they hang around the house due to some wild dogs in the area so they weren't worried at all.

Very nice footage. Feels good (being an Indian) to comment on some Aussie stuff other than Cricket. :p

Great video. Some of the colour processing at the beginning was very cool. So are those roos being farmed? Great goats... One of my very deep claims to fame was being a goat herder, years ago... French Alpines... What a great land Australia is... thanks for sharing.

Great video. Some of the colour processing at the beginning was very cool. So are those roos being farmed? Great goats... One of my very deep claims to fame was being a goat herder, years ago... French Alpines... What a great land Australia is... thanks for sharing.
Thank you very much. These Kangaroos are wild, although not too worried about humans. They can jump fences, so they come in an drink water from the dams and eat grass.

Nice light in those pine trees. Did you have any issues with your Spark flying through the pine trees? I tried at a location up on the Sunny Coast and found that the trees being so tall and close to each other that it kept giving me GPS issues and found it hard to fly in a straight line.
Anyway, thanks for sharing.
Cheers Adam

Nice light in those pine trees. Did you have any issues with your Spark flying through the pine trees? I tried at a location up on the Sunny Coast and found that the trees being so tall and close to each other that it kept giving me GPS issues and found it hard to fly in a straight line.
Anyway, thanks for sharing.
Cheers Adam
I didn't experiecne any problems, but I didn't go deep into the Pine trees and stayed on the edge of it always facing in. The trees were on the edge of a clear Paddock, which was an advantage. So I set up in the clearing first, and then flew into the Pine trees, at eyesight level from the Paddock (facing looking deep into the forest) whilst walking directly behind behind the Spark. Just enough to the create the impression that I was deep in it. So I was always behind the spark by about 1-2 metres. Once inside I found a clearing, and was able to go straight up abd straight down again. I think if you set up in a middle of a Pine forest and tried to fly over it you'd definitely lose signal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit