Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark apps

Highflyer

Join
Nov 10, 2018
Loc
Sanborn, Mn (USA)
I bought my spark fly more in November of last year. I haven't been able to fly it yet because of snow and now the rain :mad: I started to go through the setting on the spark everything is set up right? Now, as far as the apps these are the ones I have on my iPad. DJI GO 4, FAA B4U Fly, DJI Assistant, Google earth, Air map, Drone buddy, Air Data, UAC Forcast, app showing the sats, So my question is do I need all these? if not which ones don't I need and is their ones I don't have that I should have? I Did find one called Spark PRO Waypoints any thoughts on that? Thanks

Jeff :cool:

Last edited:
Of all the apps you mentioned, I only have DJI Go4 and UAV Forecast on the mobile device I use for flying.
UAV forecast is a good app which gives you weather forecasts and most importantly wind profile at different altitudes. Apart from that, I have DJI Assistant 2 installed on my laptop but I have never had to use it. I also use Airdata to analyse my flight records but only the web version. You can link your DJI account with it so that as soon as you sync your flight records on the Go4 app, they are automatically synced with your Airdata account as well. There is Google Earth pro installed on my laptop too but I seldom use it as I am yet to fly automated waypoint missions. I do not use any app to see satellite info. I rely only on what the Go4 app shows me in real time. I am not well aware of what apps like FAA B4U Fly, Air map, Drone buddy do. So may be the ones who use them can advise you better.

Reactions: Highflyer
DJII Go4 for sure, can't fly safe without it.

I always check the UAV forecast and the AIRMAP apps before flights.

The forecast will provide weather and satellite information along with air space data but I use the AIRMAP for that. A TFR could pop up anytime so it's best to check before grabbing the Spark and heading out the door.

The Air Data is one that I don't have but should because it will log all of the data related to the flight but the Go4 does an adequate job.

Thanks, nilanjan & spark317 & djikvaneenjoost ?

I live 4 or so miles from the edge of a fly with caution zone there is a small unmanned one runway airport used by cropdusters & a helipad at a small town hospital. I just wanted to know I had the right apps.

2uK3EgW.jpg

Thanks, nilanjan & spark317 & djikvaneenjoost ?

I live 4 or so miles from the edge of a fly with caution zone there is a small unmanned one runway airport used by cropdusters & a helipad at a small town hospital. I just wanted to know I had the right apps.

2uK3EgW.jpg

I have three of those overlap each other somewhat and I'm right in the middle of an area that is in between them.

When I purchased my Spark, I knew about the one airport, grass strip, no tower, but not the other two which are private grass strips .

Thanks DJI, I learned something about my area.

UAV Forecast is nice to have, also check windy.com before you fly.

For an extra peace of mind, try to fly with waypoints using DJI Go 4 MOD (search in this forum) in combination with DJI Mission (available on Google Play Store). You can plan your flight offline, maximize your flight time, and you will be able to fly from a less than ideal homepoint (in a narrow space, surrounded by walls) knowing when the signal is lost your aircraft will continue its mission. Just make sure to 1) check for tall structures/trees and set a safe altitude and 2) set the start and end waypoints close to homepoint.

- DJI GO 4: a must.
- FAA B4U Fly: it has been discontinued by FAA. They passed the rights to the Kittyhawk app. You should check it (AirMap competition), I use both.
- DJI Assistant: there’s a new version DJI Assistant 2. Very helpful with my Mavics, I haven’t been able to use it with the Spark.
- Google Earth: I use it constantly with the Virtual Litchi Mission (VLM) viewer software. AWESOME!
- AirMap: very useful.
- Drone Budy: useful.
- AirData: very useful.
- UAV Forecast: very useful.

In regards to Spark Pro, I use Litchi. It has many more features than Spark Pro and it works with my Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom. It also has the interaction with Google Earth through the VLM viewer, which it’s amazing.

I would strongly recommend Flightradar24 for safety why flying. It helps spot any sudden low altitude aircraft coming through your fly path.

Also if you are interested in quality footage and photography, here is a list for you:

- PolarPro.
- PhotoPills.
- Sun Seeker.

Last but definitely not least, Litchi! Way better than DJI GO 4 Waypoints.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe