Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark as a hand held Camera pairing

BushPusher

Join
Sep 7, 2019
My question is : i have the fly more kit and if i use the Spark as a hand held camera using just the Spark and a phone connected the the spark will that unpair the remote or can i just switch back and forth with out any problems
Roger

You will have to pair and unpair each time.

DJI Ty explains the process at the 2:45 mark.

There are handheld gimbals available for the Spark.

And for the camera (phone) itself.

It's just more stuff to lug around, but works well when you use it.

Good luck.

Reactions: I B Spectre
Watched a guy on YT that did his entire video (walking and talking part, not just flying) was shot with the Spark. With all the cool stabilized gear out there, all you really need is a couple of more hands and disposable cash. ?

Why i ask is there are some walking trails near me with some great views but there is also a small airport within site so i going to guess flying the spark would be just a pain , maybe i will just keep the remote paired as i do for flying just remove props sounds a lot quicker for the few times i would do any hand help stuff
Roger

just remove props sounds a lot quicker for the few times i would do any hand help stuff

You don't have to spin up the motors to record video or take pictures.

Lord knows I fumbled with the remote during pre flight preparations and took some random footage.

Probably a good idea anyway. Somebody may think your're going to fly the Spark.
Tough to do without props.
Besides, they are easy enough to deal with and it's no problem.

Reactions: I B Spectre
I've done it, with remote and phone as if I was going to fly. You have to be REAL careful with "yaw" as there is no yaw in the gimbal. The results mostly aren't worth posting.

I shot the (way too long) opening of this video that way.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Why going the hard way? Just get an Osmo Pocket (3-axis gimbal, 4K / 60 FPS, tracking and lots more). Spark (for aerials) and Osmo Pocket (for ground shots) are a perfect team.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast