Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark battery life

Join
Jan 7, 2019
Hi all,
Just wondering how many charge/discharge cycles the Spark battery is good for.
Also wondering about how the DJI GO app counts the number of charges. Ie. is the number you see complete or partial charge/discharge cycles?

The batteries are smart batteries hence the price ! They have in built software that can read charge cycles when connected to the charger . This is why firmware updates are sometimes required . The batteries should be could as long as you discharged if not used for over 3 months and then charge again . Keep an eye on the voltage etc if one cell appears off that could be the sign of an issue .

If any one feels I have given wrong info please politely say so thanks ...

Reactions: Flugster
Hi all,
Just wondering how many charge/discharge cycles the Spark battery is good for.
Also wondering about how the DJI GO app counts the number of charges. Ie. is the number you see complete or partial charge/discharge cycles?

The intelligent batteries have their own user manual but the detailed information you are looking for is not documented there. Your best bet is to contact DJI directly via their online chat.

In general lithium polymer batteries are good for between 300-500 complete charge cycles before performance significantly degrades.

Exposure to excessive temperatures or prolonged storage in a discharged state will drastically reduce battery life.

The Spark was released about 18 months ago and I haven't yet seen any posts regarding expended batteries. If anybody has experience that issue please chime in.

Reactions: Eye in the Sky
Just wondering how many charge/discharge cycles the Spark battery is good for
DJI covers them under warranty for 200 charge cycles. If you care for your batteries like this, they should live a longer life.

wondering about how the DJI GO app counts the number of charges
That count increments after each battery cycle. A cycle is when the battery is charged from 0% to 100%. Since the battery is never at 0% when you charge it, it'll take at least two charges to increment that count.

DJI covers them under warranty for 200 charge cycles. If you care for your batteries like this, they should live a longer life.

That count increments after each battery cycle. A cycle is when the battery is charged from 0% to 100%. Since the battery is never at 0% when you charge it, it'll take at least two charges to increment that count.

Hey MSinger, Thanks for the link! Just what the doctor ordered!

Reactions: msinger
Pretty good info on the link except i do not agree with the 10 day thing.. if your not going to go flying the battery's should be discharged after 1 or 2 days most. I know they self discharge and can be changed to how long before they do, but I have read its a very slow discharge.
it is pretty easy to let the Spark battery's discharge just turn on the Spark and let it sit there. it will discharge pretty quick not even flying. My only big disappointment with it really, if i urn it on to fly and have issues getting the app to connect the battery can drain down 10% pretty quick just sitting there.
All of my other Radio control battery's never get charged until i know i am going flying, if the weather chances and i don't get to go i end up discharging all my packs within a day and half normally. I like them to be at storage charge.
But everyone is different.

i do not agree with the 10 day thing.. if your not going to go flying the battery's should be discharged after 1 or 2 days most
The idea is to not charge your batteries unless you're going to fly. If you charge them up a few times over the year and cannot fly, they'll be just fine if you let them auto discharge after 10 days.

Reactions: Andre Levite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme