Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Controller Firmware Update Problems

CooperTowle

Join
Mar 15, 2019
When I purchased my 2nd Spark, it came with a Controller, I sent my Dog Mauled Spark in for repairs, they sent a refurbed to me, when I linked my phone/controller/Spark I see that the controller firmware is outdated, I have tried unsuccessfully 3-4 times to update the firmware, it keeps timing out 19% or so into the download, any other way of updating?
Thanks for any help
Coop

Mine failed the first 3-4 times as well.

Finally got it to work by running firmware update with RC/device sitting just two inches from wireless router.

I suspect there are more dropped data packets causing failed download when there is even modest distance to wifi router.

I STILL Have not been able to update the RC firmware,, I have to link my 1 working RC to whichever Spark that I'm wanting to use..D you know if I can swap it out with DJI for a fee?

I STILL Have not been able to update the RC firmware,, I have to link my 1 working RC to whichever Spark that I'm wanting to use..D you know if I can swap it out with DJI for a fee?

An outdated RC firmware version should not prevent the aircraft and remote from pairing. If that remote won't pair to either of your two Sparks even after a wifi reset then it has a different problem. I'd send it to DJI and have them figure out why it's not working properly. Hopefully you are still under warranty.

An outdated RC firmware version should not prevent the aircraft and remote from pairing. If that remote won't pair to either of your two Sparks even after a wifi reset then it has a different problem. I'd send it to DJI and have them figure out why it's not working properly. Hopefully you are still under warranty.
It does pair, but when I try to fly with it, shows firmware update neccessary & wont let me fly with it, sorry if I misworded my statement. I have tried many times to do the update & never completed successfully

Reactions: Andre Levite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit