Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark controller stopped working after update .

rmgf

Join
Jul 24, 2017
I recently did the required updates on my Spark, and now my controller is totally useless. It is no longer putting out a WiFi signal. All was fine until the updates. Is there any way to return the controller back to factory settings? DJI says I have to return the controller to them.

The only known way to handle RC firmware is through its wifi network and connection to the Go4 app. So no wifi, no way.
Is it still connecting to the Spark or the status LED on the RC just come solid RED after some seconds of blinking?

The controller would not connect to anything. The controller would not show up in the WiFi list at all. I went around and around three times with support at DJI an each time it finally came down to having to send it back, which I did reluctantly. I don't think I'm getting the whole story from DJI.

Can your phone see 5.8G of the Spark before the update ?
The update seems to have improved how the Spark select channels and maybe it was always using 5.8G for link to RC and 2.4G for link from RC to phone.
Many android device have issue (my Samsung S8 can detect them, S6 not, Tab S2 not). IOS should be ok, at least my iPad mini 4 is ok for sure.

i am having the same issue with iphone 6 and sparks rc.

i just literally got the remote yesterday, it connected well, asked for an update and not the remote does not broadcast a wifi singal and I can not get the **** thing to work. The ebay seller is rufusing to refund the money and telling me to go to DJI. Looks like i am filing a paypal claim.

someone really should find a way to hard wire the remote to the app for updates and hardwire to a pc. I can not find any way to do so.

i am having the same issue with iphone 6 and sparks rc.

i just literally got the remote yesterday, it connected well, asked for an update and not the remote does not broadcast a wifi singal and I can not get the **** thing to work. The ebay seller is rufusing to refund the money and telling me to go to DJI. Looks like i am filing a paypal claim.

someone really should find a way to hard wire the remote to the app for updates and hardwire to a pc. I can not find any way to do so.
Unfortunately update of RC firmware can only be done through the Go4 app and wifi connection.
Do you have maybe the possibility to check with another phone / tablet / laptop with wifi to check if it can see the RC wifi. Some phones could have difficulty to connect to 5.8G channels (if you are in Europe or following the same rules).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme