Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Controllers - are they all the same???

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
hi, new spark owner Q... are spark controllers all the same please?
Are all controllers genuine DJI or are some clones?
How do I buy one that is suitable for U.K. use please?

Company recommendations if possible.

Cheers!

are spark controllers all the same please?
Yes. I've never seen a 3rd party DJI remote controller (for any of their drones).

Reactions: Woody and BrianP
I saw a review video of the controller today where the reviewer said that the ones supplied direct from Banggood do not have the distance limitation that's required for UK ones, they're cheaper too.

Maybe the first part was in his imagination?

Are the controllers from Banggood identical to the DJI originals, or copies?

Reactions: BrianP
I saw a review video of the controller today where the reviewer said that the ones supplied direct from Banggood do not have the distance limitation that's required for UK ones, they're cheaper too.

There is no ‘distance limitation ‘ on UK ones.
In fact there is no such thing as ‘UK’ ones.
This has been answered so many times previously.
All DJI hardware is identical (with the exception of the supplied mains plug) no matter where it is shipped in the world.
RF output power is controlled by firmware/software.

Reactions: Damo
That would be how I'd assume that distance would be limited, not by a difference in the hardware.

I'll look for the video and see what you think about its provenance...

It's difficult for noobs like me to know what's truth and what's surmise, without reading thousands of posts, it takes time to sort the truth from misunderstanding.

So, are the Banggood controllers genuine, or not?

EDIT: Here you go -

"In fact, it’s important to note that the official UK version (the CE model) is restricted to 500m range anyway (on 2.4GHz) and only 300m on 5.8GHz. So there’s an advantage of buying the Chinese model from Banggood which gives you the full 1.2 mile range."

The Spark is a great drone: here's why you should pay extra for the remote

Hi Brian. The only way of getting a cheaper one is maybe ebay, or the classifieds section on this forum.

You’ll find they’re the same place everywhere. Maplins and Argos sell them.

Hi Brian. The only way of getting a cheaper one is maybe ebay, or the classifieds section on this forum.

You’ll find they’re the same place everywhere. Maplins and Argos sell them.
Cheers!
Found a new one on ebay for £90 inc post so all good!

Reactions: Lastrexking

The one from banggood is the one and only dji spark controller, which is the same all over the world.
The transmit power on both the rc and the spark is determined by the gps location.

That would be how I'd assume that distance would be limited, not by a difference in the hardware.

I'll look for the video and see what you think about its provenance...

It's difficult for noobs like me to know what's truth and what's surmise, without reading thousands of posts, it takes time to sort the truth from misunderstanding.

So, are the Banggood controllers genuine, or not?

EDIT: Here you go -

"In fact, it’s important to note that the official UK version (the CE model) is restricted to 500m range anyway (on 2.4GHz) and only 300m on 5.8GHz. So there’s an advantage of buying the Chinese model from Banggood which gives you the full 1.2 mile range."

The Spark is a great drone: here's why you should pay extra for the remote

Cheers for the link!
I have been using a phone screen for controlling my Hover Camera Passport so I am looking forward to intuitive sticks/ controls with my new Spark.

Reactions: cozzykim
I've only flown for a few minutes with the RC but it already feels more intuitive, and the sensitivity of the sticks is much finer than the screen controls.
You're not obscuring flight information with your thumbs either so you have the whole phone screen to look at.
Camera controls are much easier to use too.
Money well spent IMHO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme